The newer version of IvyDE support a feature called "Resolve in workspace":
Previously, dependencies of a project in Eclipse would come in via two paths:
- third party jars were imported via Ivy (an ivy.xml file)
- project dependencies were explicitly specified in Eclipse as dependent projects
With the new version of IvyDE, it became possible to encode the dependencies entirely via Ivy. This means that the special Ivy classpath container in Eclipse now contains not only jars but also the dependent projects.
In testing, FindBugs didn't seem to like this setup very much. All of the classes in the dependent projects could no longer be found after we made this change to our setup (we got a lot of class missing for analysis errors).
This isn't a huge problem for us - we'll just keep configuring our dependencies the old way. I just wanted to mention this because there seems to be some dependency in how the classpath is used in the FIndBugs Eclipse plugin that is not compatible with this newish feature of IvyDE.
Log in to post a comment.