Rename?

Help
Delebre
2013-06-28
2014-01-23
  • Delebre

Delebre - 2013-06-28

Your program is really fast! I find it very useful in checking whole directories of files for their MD5. I am curious though if I can do something specific.

So let's say that I have a directory of files and I have used your program to get the MD5s. Now, let's say something happened and my files (some or all) were renamed. I would like to be able to re-check the MD5s of the files, and having compared it to the original list.. will rename to the files back to what they should be. I know this might be beyond the scope of your program, but I figured those of you who work with MD5s all the time, might know how I can do this?

Thank you in advance for any insights!

• Hikari

Hikari - 2014-01-23

Hello Delebre. I can't name any, but there are md5 apps that do that. They point duplicated files among their checks.

You'd need to be able to add both folders to be verified, and wait until the job is done. But if all of them have duplcates you'd have trouble finding the matches.

You'd really need an app with UI specific for your need. It'd need to list every hash and point all files that are duplicated on it.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks