Translations wanted?

Vacon
2007-05-21
2013-04-18
  • Vacon

Vacon - 2007-05-21

Hello everyone,

do you have plans (I'm at work right now and don't have possibility to have a look into the archive / program) to make FileCommander translatable (multiple languages)?
    If yes, how shall it been done?
    I would love to help with german.

Best regards!

• Isshou

Isshou - 2007-05-22

Hello Vacon,
      translation can be done very easy programatically, in fact by adding about two lines of code :) which will automatically load language on application start according to system local settings or by some options (little more lines :) ). The hardest part is to translate it. This can be done by Qt Linguist which is part of Qt framework installation and it's very easy to translate it here. For this you need extracted original language file from source files. If you really want I can put the file somewhere here or onto my web pages but I think it's too soon to make translations. But... it's up to you.

• Vacon

Vacon - 2007-05-22

Hello isshou,

<quote>
      If you really want I can put the file somewhere here or onto my web pages but I think it's too soon to make translations.
      <end of qoute>

I think it would be of great value if you put the source for translation here. If I get you right, you would prefer to wait for more / completed features, befor translating. Ok, seems reasonable.
      Give us a hint!

Best regards!

• Isshou

Isshou - 2007-05-23

So with next release which will be with Qt 4.3.0 or with packer plugins I will put here language file too.

• KPEKEP

KPEKEP - 2007-12-19

[quote]For this you need extracted original language file from source files. If you really want I can put the file somewhere here or onto my web pages[/quote]
      I can help with Russian language. Where is I download this file?

• Isshou

Isshou - 2007-12-22

There is no possibility to download that file yet. I would like to finish packer plugins support (compression) and then I will work on FTP support. After this I will release some language package that you can translate. This all is because till that time there can be some changes in GUI and you will have to translate the texts again and again... but anyway thanks.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks