Sorting multiple files manually?

Help
Crysis
2008-10-29
2013-04-26
  • Crysis

Crysis - 2008-10-29

Hi

Well sometimes I need to sort many files manually, but the interface won't allow you to drag multiple selections or even by clicking in the "go up/down" buttons, moving just one file.

Wondering if there's a way to work around this, or should I submit this to the add features section?

Thanks in advance and keep up the awesome work.

• onomou

onomou - 2008-10-30

Crysis,

I think that is something you should submit in for improvements. I can reproduce the same thing here - select multiple files in the preview panel while on the Sorting page with Manually Adjust checked and click on one of the sorting arrows. The primary selected item (the one last clicked on) still moves up/down but the rest stay put.

I actually noticed an anomalous behaviour here - if I use shift+click to select multiple items (2 or more) and click the arrow to move them up one, the primary selected item jumps not just one up but rather two above the first selected item (small, cryptic example with files [A B C D E] when I select C and shift-click [E] to select [C D E] and then hit Move Up they get rearranged like [E A B C D] not even [A E B C D]). This doesn't happen when Ctrl-clicking multiple files; then  the last selected one just moves up one spot. I have a feeling this isn't quite how it's supposed to work... :)

ianaré, any thoughts? I really like having the manually sort functionality, so thanks for implementing that feature.

-Steven

• ianaré

ianaré - 2008-10-30

Yes, please submit a feature request for this, I can definitely see the use in being able to move several items at once.

Steven, since it was programed for single item moving, it doesn't surprise me too much there are issues when trying to move several at a time. Will look into this as well.

Thanks guys

- ianaré

• Crysis

Crysis - 2008-10-30

OK, just submitted a feature request. Hope we can see improvements on this in the future releases.