Excellent program! I really like the new GUI.
I compiled the new 0.4.3 beta on Ubuntu Hardy 8.04.1 and have been trying to sort a directory of mp3 files into separate subdirectories like ARTIST > ALBUM > (files here). I can't get the program to read any ID3 tags. For one folder I have tried it on it returns 0 errors and a bunch of warnings that all say "id3 error: u'encoding='". I tried a couple other folders and they didn't even give me that much response (actually none at all, like it didn't even recognize the files had tags). Is there any fix for this? I don't know how to pull up a debugging console to see if it doesn't like my tags or something (all of them have both id3v1, id3v2, and ape tags currently - maybe it will only work with just id3v1?).
On a similar subject - I see in the renaming picker it only seems to support the standard id3v1 fields - are id3v2 and possibly APEv1&2 tags planned? I think it would be really nice to have an option for which type to use, and maybe a field to type in your own (non-standard) id3 tags, like composer or conductor and such. I can see in the future your program working very smoothly with Florian's Mp3Tag (mp3tag.de) to quickly sort out loads of audio files... :)
Thanks for your help and for the awesome program!
Thanks for the suggestions and bug report.
Bug is now fixed in SVN, try downloading from there, remove all sources/user files, and remake the package (refer to readme for instructions). This is recommended because preferences have changed.
It *should* work, if not send a few of those mp3's my way and I will see what I can do ...
Regarding your mp3 questions, I'm using a fairly simple library which isn't really maintained anymore, but has the advantage of being simple and relatively quick. So as far as major changes in that regard I don't see them happening unless a better library can be found.
It does have support for ID3 v2 however. I will look into adding support for these tags in the near future.
Thanks for the fix; I haven't had a chance to get the svn yet, but I'll do that soon and reply with results.
ID3 renaming works just as it's supposed to (just checked out the SVN this evening). Thanks again!
Good to hear. Also, a new release is out, 0.5.0, the Windows error you reported earlier is fixed.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.