Help
2007-01-18
2013-05-08
  • sierra-foxtrot

sierra-foxtrot - 2007-01-18

Kelpie Flight Planner v113
    Flight Data v113
    Windows XP

The software is working very well.  I noticed that the ILS frequencies do not show up on the airport map and printout.

• Trevor Campbell

Trevor Campbell - 2007-01-23

Thanks for the feedback.  I will look into it.  I have been doing quite a bit of work with trying to get printing working better under Linux  which may have caused some side effects.

Can you tell be what airports you have found problems with.

Trev.

• Trevor Campbell

Trevor Campbell - 2007-01-24

I have located the problem, The ILS values were not being loaded correctly.  I will upload change to CVS and include in next release.

Trev

• Georg Vollnhals

Georg Vollnhals - 2007-01-26

Hi Trevor,
      I just got to this forum to search whether there were any updates available because I also missed ILS data for flightplanning when I used the program this evening.

Great luck, the problem seems to be solved, I will try the CVS to update.

And beside thanking you very much for your work and this nice tool I hope that you will improve it further.
      The FlightGear community is growing and more and more people like to use it for some IFR training.

Regards
      Georg "Heliflyer" EDDW

BTW:
      a) when searching SF for "Kelpie" there was no positive result. Some people like me know your FG flightplanner as "Kelpie",so it would be a good idea to change anything that the SourceForge searchengine finds your project under "Kelpie"
      b) I will make a post on the German FlightGear Forum  within the next week. There is an increasing number of users and most of them will not know there is a nice flighplanner for FlightGear. I hope this motivates you a little for further work :-)

• Trevor Campbell

Trevor Campbell - 2007-01-30

BTW: Thanks "Heliflyer" for the search tip in sourceforge.  I have updated the description and now a search with "kelpie" finds the project.

Trev

• sierra-foxtrot

sierra-foxtrot - 2007-01-29

Is there a step-by-step procedure to update the software before next release?

• Trevor Campbell

I am afraid there is no easy step by step guide and it is a fairly difficult task, depending on how familiar you are with java development, eclipse IDE and all that stuff.

I will try to get an update onto the site asap.

Trev

• Trevor Campbell

Prior to the next release (1.1.4) I have uploaded a patch for the missing ILS bug on th airport map display and print.

The file is planner.jar and needs to be downloaded and copied to over the current 1.1.3 version at .../fgfp/plugins/au.com.kelpie.rcpplanner_1.1.3/planner.jar

I hope this patch works for you.  It is probably best to backup the original planner.jar before you overwrite it.

Trev

• Georg Vollnhals

Georg Vollnhals - 2007-01-30

Hi Trevor,

thank you for the quick solution, I changed the file and now the airport preview shows the ILS data.

I have two further very simple (and therefore quick to do) suggestions

1. Make the Flightplan export as a simple *.txt file (it is now as a *.html), so that one can print it out using a simple texteditor
        2. For the target airport, add the runway/ILS information behind the aiport info, ie
        Bremen      53 02 49 N .....
        ILS 09/27   110.3/110.9

At the moment, I have to write the information down by hand from the airport-graphic-display :-/
        Anyway, thank you once again.

Regards
        Georg EDDW

(BTW: one question
        Do you know that typing in the id (ICAO) in the Navaid-view and pressing search is doing nothing?
        You only get the navaid-info by selecting an airport in the airport-view and then pressing the upper menu-key "Find navaids near")

• Trevor Campbell

Trevor Campbell - 2007-01-31

Hi Georg,

I found the problem with the Navaid search, will fix in next release.  As a workaround if you use the code in the name field of the search it might work.  BTW I couldn't find 'ICAO' in the flightgear navaid database.

Your other suggestions seem worthwhile and I'll see what I can do,  although I don't have a lot of spare time for this just now so it may be a little while.

Thanks
      Trev

• Georg Vollnhals

Georg Vollnhals - 2007-01-31

Hi Trevor,

first thank you for the hint, typing the navaid-abbreviation into the namefield works fine.
        It was my fault thinking of this id-code (like WSR, OSN ..) as something like an ICAO code for navaids.

It is fully understandable that there are other things in life more important than our hobby. Just take it as a suggestion for the future :-)

Regards
        Georg