mp3 stream and metadata

Help
Albert
2011-11-08
2013-04-06
  • Albert

Albert - 2011-11-08

Hi, first of all, we want to thank you for making such a great product, we all needed desperately a good player for our streams, that was a big problem for all the streamers in the past. It works great.

The deal here, is that I see in the changelog for the new version
    "* Added metadata loader for mp3 streamings (using xspf interface for icecast
      and html interface for shoutcast) - Note: FFMp3 needs a working crossdoamin.xml
      file configured on your server to use this."

and I would really like to know how to display the metadata of the stream in the player on our website.

I see in this Topic https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffmp3/forums/forum/985428/topic/4553035 that in ogg format in the past you had to use a javascript callback to get and display de metadata somewhere in the web.

Do I have to use the same method?, or is it posible in this new version to show the metadata directly inside de player? How can I do that?

I hope you can help us.

Our web is www.radio3hp.com if you want to see the player working. We're currently streaming from SAM Broadcaster to a couples of mountpoints in giss.tv

Regards

Albert Murillo

• Federico Bricker

Dear Albert,
    Thanks you for your comments :)
    About the metadata, so far you can only use the mp3 metadata information via a javascript callback (the same way as in ogg streamings).
    We hope to enable metadata display inside the player soon, but we don't have release dates yet.

Best regards,
    Federico

• Albert

Albert - 2011-12-29

Dear Federico,

Thank you for your patience.

I've been trying to use what you said in the other post (https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffmp3/forums/forum/985428/topic/4553035) to display the metadata of our stream in our website.

It works great with ogg, I can see what I want and displays the correct info and updates after every song change. Great

But then I change the player, for the mp3 stream and it stops working, only shows "" where the metadata should appear.

I don't know what's the problem, I have the exactly same configuration, the script, everything is the same, &jsevents=true is in the player.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Albert

• Federico Bricker

Dear Albert,
    Can you post an URL where I can check this issue? It sounds like and ISO-8859-1 vs. UTF-8 encoding problem… but I would like to see it live to be sure.
    Also, please post if you're using icecast or shoutcast.

Best regards,
    Federico

• Federico Bricker

Albert, I just tried to test it but your signals are down right now.
    Can you tell me when they are up again so I can test this?

Federico

• Albert

Albert - 2012-01-22

Oh I'm sorry, they're supossed to be up 24/7 but sometimes something fails, today I heard them all day long and they were fine, but you are right, at that time the server was stoped.

You can test it now :) or  sunday at 9 pm  when I do my show 

Albert

• Federico Bricker

Albert, if you are using Icecast and mp3 streaming, you must add the following parameter to the flashvars:
    url=http://174.142.96.89:8000/radio3hp.mp3&fallback=http://giss.tv:8001/3hpmain.mp3&querymetadata=icecast&….
    In your case, I think this should do the trick :)

(remember you must add this in both places where the flashvars appears)

You can also specify the parameter interval (ex. interval=30), to make metadata update interval shorter or longer on mp3 streamings. By default is 20 secs, and I think you should not change this -making it too short could overload your server-, but if you want, you can.

Federico

• Albert

Albert - 2012-01-22

Oh ok, thanks so much, I'll try and let you know if it works good.

Thanks for your time.

Albert

pd: You should include this in the faq section, just saying.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks