Menu

Neophyte Progress

ecomer
2013-01-20
2013-01-22
  • ecomer

ecomer - 2013-01-20

Two hours into loading and educating myself about FemtoOS I thought that I'd try to compile and run an example program. I used the FemtoOS_FlashLeds demo on an Arduino nano. Since the nano ATmega328p's single LED is on PORTB pin 5 and since femtoos_ATmega328P.asm assigns the LED port to devLedPORT PORTB and config_application.h established a task for pin 5 (LEDtask5), I felt that the nano's LED should blink enev though the other LED tasks were operating nonexistent LEDs.

I compiled using the FemtoOS compile script and then loaded the resutlant binary into the nano with averdude with:
    ~/arduino/arduino-1.0.1/hardware/tools/avrdude -C~/arduino/arduino-1.0.1/hardware/tools/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -patmega328p -carduino -P/dev/ttyUSB0 -b57600 -D -Uflash:w:~/AVR/femtoOS/FemtoOS_0.922/IDE/workspace/FemtoOS_FlashLeds/Release/main.bin
    :i

Loaded and works like a champ! My nano LED is blinking about ~5-secs on and ~5 secs off.

So far, so good. FemtoOS appears to be VERY functional. Thanks for making it available. I hope to experiment with it a bit more in the near future.

• De Vlaam

De Vlaam - 2013-01-22

Thanks for trying my OS, it is nice it did work out! Should you encounter any further challenges (or successes), please share.

In to long time i will release a new toolchain builder, and possibly an xmega port.