Help
edwin68
2004-09-20
2013-04-03
  • edwin68
    edwin68
    2004-09-20

Feedreader 2.7, build 646, W2K SP4

After installation I should have 3 windows (feeds, headlines, bodies), but I can see only one (bodies).

I cannot see read news or inserted feeds and there are no items in the menus, to configure the layout of the windows.

What should I do?

Sorry for bad english,
    Edwin

• Is it possible, that you enabled the 'Aquarium view'? Try pressing F11. This should toggle it. Otherwise there should be a switch in the main menu.

• edwin68
      edwin68
      2004-09-20

I had it enabled, but disabling the Aquarium-View doesn't work.

I tought, the installation was damaged.
      I was removing and reinstalling the feedreader.
      After them the feeds wasn't deleted, the deinstallation was not complete.
      I think, the configuration is saved outside of the home-directory of feedreader, how can I remove it?

• I've never seen such a thing. Could you please send me an screenshot?

In earlier builds the whole settings were stored i nthe applications data directory. I haven't followed the latest development, maybe they are stored in the registry now.

• We solved this problem by closing FR, deleting the entries vert= and hor= in the file Feedreader.ini and restarting FR agin.

• We solved this problem by closing FR, deleting the entries vert= and hor= in the file Feedreader.ini and restarting FR again.

• Common Man
        Common Man
        2004-11-13

Thanks!

I had the same problem (after extensive aquarium-mode-switching) - and that was the solution.

rk

• Chuck Baker
      Chuck Baker
      2004-11-05

Where is the Feedreader.ini file located??

• Paul Sleigh
      Paul Sleigh
      2004-11-25

Hmmmph.  Fixed that problem (thanks for the tip, Karsten - I EVENTUALLY figured out what the hell you meant) but I'm running into dozens of other bugs.  Is this seriously post-beta software?  How did it get to version 2.anything with so many obvious stupid bugs?  I'm uninstalling now - I just wanted people to know that if they've come here in anger and frustration at how egregiously stupid this program is... they're not alone.

• DB-Nemec
      DB-Nemec
      2005-01-11

Works fine!
      Thanks!
      Jaromir D.B. Nemec