Menu

problems in running application

JPS
2006-08-09
2013-04-03
  • JPS

JPS - 2006-08-09

Hi everybody,
    I propably successfuly installed fddpma - I created new user account after installation and then I wanted to log in. But lot of errors occured - from SQL errors like this
    "Syntax error or access violation message from server: "You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'select distinct project_id      from FDDPMA_PROJECT_GROUP PG,          FDDPMA_PR' at line 1""

or mainly JSF errors like the following:
    - javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot get value for expression '#{treeProviderBean.tree}'

- javax.faces.FacesException: Cannot get value for expression '#{treeProviderBean.tree}'

Is this only my case or did you have similar problems? What's wrong?

Thank you for any help.
    Have a nice day.
    PETR

• Serguei Khramtchenko

Hi,
      Do you upgrade from the previous version of FDDPMA, or doing the brand new installation?

If it is upgrade an, then you nneed to run SQL scripts from sql/migrate directory.

If you are doing the brand new installation the SQL script create_fddpma_mysql.sql may be incomplete.

Let me know, I will post the latest create_fddpma_mysql.sql if needed.

• JPS

JPS - 2006-08-10

Hi,
      I installed brand new version from scratch.

I used create_fddpma_mysql.sql. I wanted also use seed_fddpma.sql but there were errors.

I would very appreciate if you could send me up-to-date version of create file. My email is petr.juza@tiscali.cz.

Thank you very much.
      PETER

• Serguei Khramtchenko

Peter,

Just sent you the updated SQL scripts.

If you still have a problem, and your MySQL database is running on UNIX/Linux, then you need to get latest ProjectSystemImpl.java from CVS repository and recompile the application. MySQL is case-sensitive on these operating systems. The ProjectSystemImpl.java had some SQL statements in lower case, which was fixed.

Best,
        Serguei

• JPS

JPS - 2006-08-11

Serguei,
      I successfully installed new version - I created new war file with new ProjectSystemImpl.java, also SQL operations were ok (creation of tables and data seeding).

But problems still last:
      com.fddtool.exception.DatabaseException: Database error has occured: Syntax error or access violation message from server: "You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'select distinct PROJECT_ID      from FDDPMA_PROJECT_GROUP PG,          FDDPMA_PR' at line 1"
          at com.fddtool.si.system.ProjectSystemImpl.listProjects(ProjectSystemImpl.java:2245)
          at com.fddtool.si.system.ProjectSystemImpl.listActiveProjectsForGroup(ProjectSystemImpl.java:2542)
          at com.fddtool.si.system.ProjectSystemImpl.listActiveProjectsForGroup(ProjectSystemImpl.java:2482)
          at com.fddtool.si.system.ProjectSystem.listActiveProjectsForGroup(ProjectSystem.java:256)
          at com.fddtool.pd.fddproject.ProjectGroup.listActiveProjects(ProjectGroup.java:310)
          at com.fddtool.ui.view.tree.ProjectGroupNodeLoader.loadChildren(ProjectGroupNodeLoader.java:34)

JSP errors are same as before.

PETER

PS: I use Unix...

• Serguei Khramtchenko

Hmm...
        I tested it on Windows and Linux, not on Unix.
        What is your MySQL version? It should be 4.1 o higher. I tested it with 4.1.7 and 5.0.

I belive the error happens in on of these two SQL statements. Can you login to MySQL via command line interface and execute them? If it fails, you'll have to figure out what's wrong, since I cannot reproduce this error. You may change USER_ID parameter to whatever your created user ID is (use "SELECT * from FDDPMA_USER" to find out)

select distinct
          P.PROJECT_ID,
          P.CREATOR_USER_ID,
          P.PROJECT_TYPE_ID,
          P.PROJECT_NAME,
          P.RELEASE_DAY,
          P.RELEASE_SCHEDULE,
          P.TIMEZONE,
          P.DATE_CREATED,
          P.ARCHIVED,
          P.LAST_ACCESS
        from FDDPMA_PROJECT P
        where
          P.PROJECT_ID not in (
              select distinct PROJECT_ID 
              from FDDPMA_PROJECT_GROUP PG,
                   FDDPMA_PROJECT_GROUP_CONTENT PGC
              where PG.PROJECT_GROUP_ID = PGC.PROJECT_GROUP_ID
                and PG.CREATOR_USER_ID = 1
          )
          and P.ARCHIVED = 0

select distinct
          P.PROJECT_ID,
          P.CREATOR_USER_ID,
          P.PROJECT_TYPE_ID,
          P.PROJECT_NAME,
          P.RELEASE_DAY,
          P.RELEASE_SCHEDULE,
          P.TIMEZONE,
          P.DATE_CREATED,
          P.ARCHIVED,
          P.LAST_ACCESS
        from FDDPMA_PROJECT P ,
             FDDPMA_PROJECT_MEMBER PM
        where
          P.PROJECT_ID not in (
              select distinct PROJECT_ID 
              from FDDPMA_PROJECT_GROUP PG,
                   FDDPMA_PROJECT_GROUP_CONTENT PGC
              where PG.PROJECT_GROUP_ID = PGC.PROJECT_GROUP_ID
                and PG.CREATOR_USER_ID = 1
          )
          and P.PROJECT_ID = PM.PROJECT_ID
          and PM.USER_ID = 1
          and P.ARCHIVED = 0

• JPS

JPS - 2006-08-13

Hi Serguei,
      I must terrible sorry because I use MySQL 3.23 and this version doesn't implement subqueries.

I did know about version of MySQL but I thought it would be ok.

I'm sorry once again. I will install new version of MySQL and I will give then my feedback.

PETER

• JPS

JPS - 2006-08-26

Hi Serguei,
      I had to reinstall the whole server and now I have MySQL 5.0 and everything works fine.

Once again thank you very much for your help.
      PETER