Menu

Can't access new Milestone

Help
2007-07-26
2013-04-03
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I created a new Milestone, and cannont access it via the Milestones picklist when defining new Aspects, in a new Project Type.  The only Milestone available in the picklist is the FDD Standard.  This is a brand new installation just completed today.

• Nobody/Anonymous

It is a bug. For now you can logout of application, log in again, and you will see the new milestone set. I'll let you know once the bug is fixed.

- Serguei

• Nobody/Anonymous

Serguei, thanks for the reply.  That worked. I'll create some more projects to test it out.  Great application you have built, it is going to be very helpful.

- Brent

• Nobody/Anonymous

Serguei,  after some more testing I can use the new Milestones but there are two problems.  First the reports are not working, second I cannot create Workpackages.  The bottom root cause on both of these is always in

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fddtool.pd.fddproject.MilestoneSetDescription

If you could take a look.

Thanks, Brent.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Brent,

I have recently fixed some bugs with reports and deployed the new application to http://www.fddpma.net.
        I would suggest you login to the installation at this address and create a project with the same milestones that causes your problems on local installtion.

If it works then it means that I fixed the ciode already. In this case you should take the latest code from CVS and rebuild it.

If it does not work then I shall see the exception stack trace and will be able to address it.

Regards,
        Serguei

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thanks Serguei, I'll test it out and let you know.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Serguei,

I ran the test on the site and everything works correctly.  You can take a look at that I have done, I duplicated everything I had put into mine.  Reports and Workpackages work correctly.  So I need to get the latest full code release in CVS or just some elements?

Thanks much,

Brent

• Nobody/Anonymous

Serguei, one other question, how do I get the code from CVS?  I don't use CVS nor do I know how to use it.

Thanks,

Brent

• Nobody/Anonymous

That's a bit of a problem :-)
        Ok, I'll try to do a new binary release over the weekend.

• Serguei Khramtchenko

Please download FDDPMA 1.4.3.2
      The problem should be fixed there

• Nobody/Anonymous

Serguei, I got the new release, compiled it and everything looks good.  Thanks so much for the quick changes.

Another question, I think I saw somewhere that you have not yet implemented the bug tracking or the discussions features.  Is that correct?  If not, do you have any plans to add these features?

Brent

• Nobody/Anonymous

Brent,

>> I think I saw somewhere that you have not yet implemented the bug
        >>tracking or the discussions features. Is that correct? If not,
        >>do you have any plans to add these features?

I started working on bug tracking module, but it is a low priority task for me. It could be quite a while before I finish it.

- Serguei

• Nobody/Anonymous

Serguei, I understand what you mean.  Any new features/functionality you are currently working on?

Brent

• Nobody/Anonymous

Not really. Now I mostly looking at the application stability issues as well as small enhancements. Other projects take priority...