Menu

Where can I find the DIR macro on Win32?

2000-06-27
2000-06-28
  • Tom Copeland

Tom Copeland - 2000-06-27

Howdy -

After a long hiatus, we're doing a LOT of jaring again so I'm working again.... :-).  Anyhow, I'm trying to compile fastjar on my Win2K machine.  There's a struct/#define/something "DIR" in jartool.c in the add_to_jar() function.  I must not be including the right library or something.... where can I find this item?

Thanks,

Tom

• Tom Copeland

Tom Copeland - 2000-06-27

Well, I poked around my Debian machine for a bit and found a struct DIR that seems to work OK.

Next question - is there a Win32 equivalent of dirent.h?  Can't seem to find that in my VC++ include directory... and the Linux version (extern struct dirent *readdir __P ((DIR *__dirp));) looks like a little more than I can decipher right now...

Thanks,

Tom

• Bryan Burns

Bryan Burns - 2000-06-27

I wish I knew.. I've done no POSIX/ANSI-C coding under NT.  You could be adventurous and try to cut-and-paste from the linux headers.. =) 

On a side note, the gcc project is going to roll fastjar into their main code line, as they will be supporting Java compilation soon.. 

• Tom Copeland

Tom Copeland - 2000-06-28

Yeah, that's what I did with DIR and it (seemed to) work OK.  I'll keep looking for dirent (or just try to use some Win32/POSIX call instead)...

Thanks,

Tom