As the owners of the list are encouraging the use of the mailinglist for questions, suggestions and bug reports, here are a few.
- When running a job on a folder with multiple .set and .fdt files for a study, FASTER creates a folder for each of the subjects, however it only copies .set files and not the corresponding .fdt files, which leads to an error when .fdt files are not found in the next step, but have to be moved there manually before restarting the job.
- When saving job, the job is always saved to the existing file and there is no option for a "Save As" operation.
- It is not entirely clear what happens when the .set files are already epoched. Is the existing epoching used, or is the whole recording considered a single epoch?
- At this time the use of runica is "hard coded" into the script. To use binica instead I had to change the script itself. It would be nice to have that as an option under ICA options.
- It would be great if one had the opportunity to review, which were the ICA components found and which of them were rejected. One possibility would be to save the mixing matrices in the "Intermediate" folder. An even user-friendlier option would be to generate component topography images and save them as a PNG image or a PDF document.
Otherwise, congratulations on a good software package and thanks for sharing it with others!
With best regards,
Asist. Prof. Grega Repovš, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology
University of Ljubljana
tel: +386 1 241 1175