More than 6 months since the last release, 0.8.2 is finally out . This one contains a lot of fixes and new features. So I hope we have not introduced to many bugs. Here are the most important things introduced in 0.8.2:
- Added "full line failregex". It is now possible to match a whole line. This should avoid deny of service attacks against fail2ban. Currently only sshd.conf uses this feature. Thanks to Yaroslav Halchenko.
- The default socket location is now /var/run/fail2ban. Do not forget to create this directory first. Moreover, fail2ban-server create a PID file in this directory.
- New communication server using asyncore/asynchat. Fixes some issues on Solaris.
- Python 2.3 support. Fail2ban 0.8.2 now runs with Python 2.3.
- New log rotation detection implementation. Much simpler and less buggy.
There are a lot of other fixes and features. Please look at the ChangeLog for all the details . Configuration files from previous 0.8 releases are compatible with 0.8.2. So I recommend to upgrade to this version.
Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.
Log in to post a comment.