The CHANGELOG for 0.6.1 is quite huge :/ However, it is mainly bug fixes
and no critical features addition.
I added initial support for /etc/hosts.deny and shorewall. The only
changes are in the configuration file. Take a look at
fail2ban.conf.shorewall and fail2ban.conf.hostsdeny in config/. I
renamed fail2ban.conf.default to fail2ban.conf.iptables.
Please test and report any bugs. I would release 0.6.1 as soon as
possible (shorewall and hosts.deny are quite interesting features).
ver. 0.6.? (200?/??/??) - ???
- Added permanent banning. Set banTime to a negative value to
enable this feature (-1 is perfect). Thanks to Mannone
- Fixed locale bug. Thanks to Fernando Jos=C3=A9
- Fixed crash when time format does not match data
- Propagated patch from Debian to fix fail2ban search path
addition to the path search list: now it is added first.
Thanks to Nick Craig-Wood
- Added SMTP authentification for mail notification. Thanks
to Markus Hoffmann
- Removed debug mode as it is confusing for people
- Added parsing of timestamp in TAI64N format (#1275325).
Thanks to Mark Edgington
- Added patch #1382936 (Default formatted syslog logging).
Thanks to Patrick B=F6rjesson
- Removed 192.168.0.0/16 from ignoreip. Attacks could also
come from the local network.
- Robust startup: if iptables module does not get fully
initialized after startup of fail2ban, fail2ban will do
"maxreinit" attempts to initialize its own firewall. It
will sleep between attempts for "polltime" number of
seconds (closes Debian: #334272). Thanks to Yaroslav
- Added "interpolations" in fail2ban.conf. This is provided
by the ConfigParser module. Old configuration files still
work. Thanks to Yaroslav Halchenko
- Added initial support for hosts.deny and shorewall. Need
more testing. Please test. Thanks to kojiro from Gentoo
forum for hosts.deny support