Hi fail2ban users,
Here is a new release of fail2ban . 0.8.3 should fix the famous
"Unknown error 514" and the wrong PID in fail2ban.pid. There are a few
more fixes and improvements. I have not yet applied all the patches I
received. This will be done in a next release.
Here is the ChangeLog:
ver. 0.8.3 (2008/07/17) - stable
- Process failtickets as long as failmanager is not empty.
- Added "pam-generic" filter and more configuration fixes.
Thanks to Yaroslav Halchenko.
- Fixed socket path in redhat and suse init script. Thanks to
- Fixed PID file while started in daemon mode. Thanks to
Christian Jobic who submitted a similar patch.
- Fixed "fail2ban-client get <jail> logpath". Bug #1916986.
- Added gssftpd filter. Thanks to Kevin Zembower.
- Added "Day/Month/Year Hour:Minute:Second" date template.
Thanks to Dennis Winter.
- Fixed ignoreregex processing in fail2ban-client. Thanks to
- Added ISO 8601 date/time format.
- Added and changed some logging level and messages.
- Added missing ignoreregex to filters. Thanks to Klaus
- Use poll instead of select in asyncore.loop. This should
solve the "Unknown error 514". Thanks to Michael Geiger and
As always, do not forget to visit the website  and contribute to the
Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.