I've added fail2ban to a system running Freeswitch and followed the instructions for implementing on the freeswitch web site.  What they suggest seems logical if I'm reading the fail2ban docs however it's never finding a breakin.  I've modified the freeswitch.conf file a little in trying to get it to work so it's not identical to the freeswitch conf (which didn't work for me).

I have put a copy of the log entries that should cause a failure followed by the jail.conf file followed by the freeswitch.conf file into http://pastebin.com/azRShfSg.  The fail2ban.log indicates it is finding the configurations OK.  However it never detects a breakin attempt.  Could someone please look over what I've done and correct the error in my ways?


2014-01-02 09:50:43,683 fail2ban.jail   : INFO   Creating new jail 'freeswitch'
2014-01-02 09:50:43,684 fail2ban.jail   : INFO   Jail 'freeswitch' uses poller
2014-01-02 09:50:43,688 fail2ban.filter : INFO   Added logfile = /opt/fs-1.2/log/freeswitch.log
2014-01-02 09:50:43,690 fail2ban.filter : INFO   Set maxRetry = 10
2014-01-02 09:50:43,700 fail2ban.filter : INFO   Set findtime = 600
2014-01-02 09:50:43,702 fail2ban.actions: INFO   Set banTime = 604800
2014-01-02 09:50:43,741 fail2ban.jail   : INFO   Jail 'ssh' started
2014-01-02 09:50:43,782 fail2ban.jail   : INFO   Jail 'freeswitch' started

Note, I restarted fail2ban so the log file date/time is after the problem.  Fail2ban was running according to service fail2ban status and ps -e.  The system is a Ubuntu 12.04 server.

Thanks,
Jim.