Menu

Why is Fading Summers different?

2001-07-22
2001-07-22
  • Nathan Waddell

Nathan Waddell - 2001-07-22

I was browsing through mud projects here on SF, and I came across yours. Why is this MudOS mudlib any different? Is it for the latest (and maybe last) driver release? Or is it for V21? Is it a significant recode of the low-level mudlib, such as Applies, or is this code from another lib? I'm not trying to be belligerent, I'm just curious.

• Edward Hasley III

Thank you for your questions.  The Fading Summer mudlib will be coded to work with MudOS v22.2b11, which as far as I know (not being an expert) is the most current.  As for the mudlib itself and the differentiating characteristics of it, we've pretty much started from scratch.  I took the MudOS testsuite, butchered it, removed commands and such, and just used it as a crutch to be certain the mudlib would accept logins.  From there, I reformatted all the code, changed functions, etc.  Now what we have is nothing like any other mudlib I've seen so far.

We are starting with blank text editors and minds full of concepts and knowledge of past experiences.  It is our hope that this mudlib will provide the LP scene with fresh life, eventually maybe to the point of providing a new driver and moving beyond plain text.  But those are concepts that will sit on the shelf for some time.