Menu

Doesn't Track

Max
2024-02-12
2024-03-12
  • Max

Max - 2024-02-12

App doesn't seem to read any input from Tobii 5. Inputs all stay at 0 and don't change when I hit start. Tried restarting Tobii software, trying with Tobii Gamehub open and closed, restarting my PC, uninstalling the plugin pack, reinstalling FTNIR... all with no avail.

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2024-02-13

Hello Max,

Can you look in the tracker Settings-dialog? It should show the status of the connection.

• Max

Max - 2024-02-15

Is this what you're asking for (attached)? Also I believe I don't have the plugin pack installed at all this time around since I was seeing other people having issues with it, just the base software and the tobii plugin. Regardless I'm still getting the same problem as before. Thanks for the help!

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2024-02-13

Mind you, there were other users who stated that a similar problem was caused by the fact that they had first installed the pluginpack and then the separate Tobii plugin.

Maybe you can try removing the luginpack and the try this method?

• Asbjørn Hansen

Asbjørn Hansen - 2024-02-23

Hi. I have the exact same problem. At first after installing the software and plugins everything worked like a charm. But now - for some reason - I have the same problem as described. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled but still no joy.

Regards
    Asbjorn Hansen

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2024-02-24

Can you post a screenshot of the Tobii settings dialog?

• Asbjørn Hansen

Asbjørn Hansen - 2024-02-24
    Are these the correct dialogs?
    Additional info: the red lights in the Tobii bar do not light up. It seems like the bar is not activated when starting FTNIR. They do light up as soon as I start Tobii Ghost for instance. Or start MSFS.

Last edit: Asbjørn Hansen 2024-02-24
    • Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2024-02-24

Well, the one to the right is ;)

The things that catch my eye: the screen-dimensions are not displayed (correctly) and (therefore?) 'connected' is un-checked.

I think the plugin has problems detecting your screen dimensions: what kind of screen(s) do you have?

I do recall an issue with this, but I'm not sure if and how it was solved...

• Asbjørn Hansen

Hurray. I uninstalled Tobii Ghost and Gamecenter. Ran Tobii Experience and recalibrated. Now FTNIR works again. Don't know which of the steps did the trick but at least now it works.

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2024-02-24

That's a coincidence: I was just typing an answer too. Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Can you also post a screenshot of the dialog when the connection works properly?

• Asbjørn Hansen

Asbjørn Hansen - 2024-03-12

Hi Wim
        Just a follow up to let you know all is still working. It seems that as long as Tobii works like it should FTNoIR does too. So again I think my problem was with Tobii and not with FTNoIR.

-Asbjorn

• Asbjørn Hansen

I think the problem lies elswhere and not with FTNIR. Reason I think so is that now all the red lights in my Tobii bar light up when I start my PC. Before my uninstall of Tobii software and launch of Tobii experience these diodes (red lights) were off until the launch of Tobii Ghost or MSFS.

Last edit: Asbjørn Hansen 2024-02-24