Menu

PS3Eye Low FPS

2016-04-26
2016-05-18
  • Mark Von Rohde

Mark Von Rohde - 2016-04-26

Hello all

I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64 and I just found out there is a version 2 of FaceTracknoir, so I bought it :)
    I want to use the Point Track v1.1 at Resolution 320x240 120FPS, but when I press start i only get 10FPS. The resolution and FPS works fine in the CL-Eye Driver Test. It worked fine with FaceTracknoir v1.7.

Anyone who can help?

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2016-04-26

Hello Mark,

I have a similar setup and that works fine, so I suppose yours can too.
    Have you tried 50 fps too?

Just a question: which protocol are you using? I recall an issue where the protocol slowed down the tracker-thread. Can you try 120 fps with the FreeTrack protocol?

• Mark Von Rohde

Mark Von Rohde - 2016-04-26

Thanks for your reply Wim

I have tried to change the protocol to FreeTrack where i get 90FPS when it is set to 120FPS. It seem it won't go over 90.
    I get the problem with FSX Simconnect. All 3 Simconnect are installed from the FSX SDK folder.

EDIT: Okay i have tried som things now. I run FaceTracknoir with Admin rights and as compatible mode with windows 8, but it is still not working. I have tried tweaking some settings with Track Sauce 1, but no dice.
    I will try OpenTrack and get back.

EDIT 2: So now i have tried OpenTrack and it works with the same Point Tracker and SimConnect, so there seem to be something wrong with FaceTracknoir, but for now i can use OpenTrack, but i would like some help with FaceTracknoir becuase i would rather use FaceTracknoir, so what do i do now?

Last edit: Mark Von Rohde 2016-04-26
  • Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2016-04-27

Hi Mark,

When you say "no dice", do you mean that you get no movement in FSX with FaceTrackNoIR v200?

• Mark Von Rohde

Mark Von Rohde - 2016-04-28

No thats not what i mean. Yhe FPS is still stuck at 10FPS!

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2016-04-28

OK, so you do get movement in FSX, but fps is low?
    It is clearly a SimConnect issue, since you do get 90 fps with the FreeTrack protocol.

Do you run both FSX and FaceTracknoIR "As Administrator"?

I do not know what you mean with "All 3 SimConnect" from the SDK. I have uploaded SimConnect to SF quite a while ago. Maybe you can uni-install the previous and install this one?

• Les H

Les H - 2016-05-18

Mark, I had the same problem if I ran FaceTrackNoIR v200 with the Game protocol set to FSX SimConnect but without FSX running - I got about 10 FPS. As soon as FSX is started the framerate jumps up to 60 FPS (which I have set in the PointTracker settings). This didn't happen with v171 but doesn't seem to affect the performance in the game. Unfortunately, in order to set up FaceTrackNoIR for FSX, FSX has to be running in the background for me. All other Game protocols seem to work without this problem.

Last edit: Les H 2016-05-18