Menu

4 point led Cap

2015-02-07
2016-05-05
  • Thierry Tarrason

Hi, is there a way to configure a 4 point led cap?
    I couldn´t find anything about it here but it works perfectly well with FreeTrack. I really wanted to try out FacetrackNoIR but i can´t seem to find if it´s possible to configure a 4 led cap.

Thx for any help.

• blueeagle69

blueeagle69 - 2015-02-18

Apparently there was no benefit using 4 points over three.
    Which is why I believe the wonderful Point Tracker was set up to support three points.
    Clip or Hat.
    So basically no, you cannot configure four points in Point Tracker :)

Last edit: blueeagle69 2015-02-18
  • sf4JC

sf4JC - 2015-02-20

Without looking at the configuration of the LED's on the 4 point cap, is there a way to temporarily disable (using ducttape, or maybe a playdough compound) one of the LED's to make a 3 point cap?

Scott

• blueeagle69

blueeagle69 - 2015-02-24

I was thinking the same thing.
    As I thought.
    Try covering the front centre LED.
    The one on the peak.
    Keep the centre LED that is at the top centre of the cap visible.
    Use basically anything that will block it's light.

Hope it works :)

Last edit: blueeagle69 2015-02-24
  • CescoAiel

CescoAiel - 2016-04-29

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I was wondering the same...

I've found 4 point tracking to be more precise and reliable in freetrack, but am currently testing FTNoIR, and - aside obviously from the extra coding involved - do not see a reason why 4 point should not be implemented... It's a choice, and if you feel 3 point is good enough, you can use that, if you prefer 4 point, you can chose that instead...

Now my setup uses reflective balls with IR leds centered around the cam, so it is easy to remove a ball, and go 3, but I was surprised to say the least...

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2016-05-05

Hi Cesco,

Thanks for your feedback.

Patrick, who translated the Delphi code from FreeTrack to the PointTracker plugin for FaceTrackNoIR, deciced that 3-point tracking is just as accurate as 4-point tracking. I cannot really judge that, since I have no benchmarks or something like that to challenge his claim.

Of course, it is possible to also make 4-point tracking for PointTracker, but there are few users who ask us for it.