Menu

Custom model coordinates in PointTracker (with overhead camera looking down)

2017-08-30
2018-05-29
  • Damien Wenck

Damien Wenck - 2017-08-30

Hey all,
    I'm trying to figure out how to set up a custom IR LED system to place on top of my head. I have attached a sketch of the system I would like to build, but wanted clarification about the coordinate system if I have the camera above me (looking downwards at the LEDs/my head).
    [IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/6hlrtx.png[/IMG]
    If someone can please confirm how the coordinate system works (and also if the coordinate system will change if the camera position changes).

Thanks,
    Damien

• Jay Walker

Jay Walker - 2018-05-28

Hi Damien,

I too have an have a head tracking appliaction that requires a 'top-down' camera position for a 3 point tracker ... Did you ever manage to get this to work ?

Thanks in advance
      Jay

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2017-08-31

Hi Damien,

I do think the coordinate system will change, if you change the camera position. Usually the camera is placed "under" the monitor of your PC, facing you.

There are some instructions on the WWW about building a clip. I have a delan-clip which you might use as inspiration?

• Geoff

Geoff - 2018-01-31

This would be a great feature to allow the camera to be mounted over head. I'm assuming this would provide the full 6DOF to be used with any video goggles? Is there currently any way that the axes can be re mapped?
    Cheers
    Geoff

• Jay Walker

Jay Walker - 2018-05-28

@Geoff,

I am not sure if re mapping axis is possible in FTNR but it is possible in OpenTrack which has Patrick's point tracker included as a input plugin ...

Cheers
    Jay

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2018-05-28

The PointTracker plugin was made for FaceTracknoIR, so that should work fine. I also use it for the Delan clip.

All axis can be reversed in FaceTracknoIR.

• Patrick Ruoff

Patrick Ruoff - 2018-05-29

Hi,
    there are camera orientation settings in the PointTracker settings dialog, that could do the trick. You'd set "Pitch" in the "Camera" settings tab to 90 or -90 deg.
    The feature was never tested though.