Menu

FaceTrackNoIR crash issue

2020-10-24
2020-10-25
  • Mathias Carlson

Mathias Carlson - 2020-10-24

Hello, I experience a crash of FaceTrackNoIR. I choose Tracker Source "iOS USB", and press Start. The status bar indicates "Tracking", and then the program crashes. I have FacePoseApp and iTunes running. The USB tester indicates activity. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Last edit: Mathias Carlson 2020-10-24
  • Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2020-10-24

Hello Mathias,

Do you have the Tobii4C tracker installed? Please remove FTNoIR_tracker__tobii4c.dll if you have it.

Does the iOSUSBTester work OK?

• Mathias Carlson

I have FaceTrackNoIR running, and the iOS USB Tracker Source selected. I press Start. Then I press play in the FacePoseApp. and FaceTrackNoIR program shutsdown.

• Mathias Carlson

Hello Wim,
    I have only FTNoIR_Tracker_Tobii5.dll installed. not the tobii4. Yes, the iOSUSBTester works fine.

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2020-10-24

Maybe the Tobii5 tracker also causes a problem. Can you delete it?

• Mathias Carlson

I did remove it, and it still crashes.

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2020-10-25

Hello Matthias,

OK, I did investigate this problem in some more detail, because it is interesting.

I found the problem: you did install the newer version of the PluginPack or the faceAPI tracker, didn't you?

We released those, so people could test them and so you did! Apparently the updated executable in the new Pluginpack is not entirely compatible with the older plugin(s). This probably not only concerns the iOS plugin, but also all others. For that reason, I have removed the newer version of the PluginPack.

For the time being, you can fix the problem by deleting "FaceTrackNoIR.exe" from the installation folder and the re-install the core program. Can you try that?

Sorry for the inconvenience :)

• Mathias Carlson

Mathias Carlson - 2020-10-25

Hello Wim,

I followed your instructions. Now it works! Many thanks for your support :)

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2020-10-25

I have updated the iOS and Android USB plugins: they should work with the newer version now too...

• Mathias Carlson

Mathias Carlson - 2020-10-25

OK, great! Do you advice me to download them and install them too?

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2020-10-25

No need for that: get playing now!