Menu

Face API -13 error

Pavel
2021-01-09
2022-03-26
  • Pavel

Pavel - 2021-01-09

I'm trying to use Face API tracker source. No preview in FaceTrackNOIR appears. When I launch FTNoIR_FaceAPI_EXE.exe manually got message:

API VERSION: 3.2.6.

LICENSE: Non-commercial license

API error code: -13

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.

As said here tried to fix codecs by Codec Tweak Tool. Takes no effect. I'm using smartphone as web cam (Droid Cam). So I thought it was

In most cases this is caused by other software using the webcam (like webcam utility software) or by a faulty codec

in my case. I've turned off the Droid Cam app and there was the same error (I expected some different one in case of other software using the webcam).

Point tracker see web cam perfectly.

How could I fix this?

Last edit: Pavel 2021-01-09
  • Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2021-01-10

Hello Pavel,

Other users successfully use Droidcam, so I suppose it can work.
    Did you give FTNoIR_FaceAPI_EXE permission to access the webcam?

• Pavel

Pavel - 2021-01-11

Thanks for your response.

Yes, it seems like FTNoIR_FaceAPI_EXE have the permission.

• Pavel

Pavel - 2021-01-12

Solved. I've tried it with my laptop with built-in web-cam. Everything works fine. Then DroidCam was connected and the error was reproduced.

Additionally I need to blacklist one of DroidCam source in FaceAPI config file.

• XZYZ0R

XZYZ0R - 2022-03-23

I've got the same error on Droidcam and on my new webcam Logitech C922.
    That error will only come if the webcam is incompatible with this software.
    Even though it works into the webcam utility. But not if you click on Start.

Then it will also show a error which is:
    FaceApi Tracker Error
    The file could not be written.
    Check if it's still opened by another program.

I just need a compatible webcam to auto rotate in-game.
    Because I just wanna use it for City Car Driving to practice for my driving lessons.
    I just saw on your site that the Logitech C920 is compatible though?
    I'm gonna return the webcam for that one lol
    http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/compatibility/webcams.htm

Last edit: XZYZ0R 2022-03-23
  • Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2022-03-24

Can you install FaceTrackNoIR to a different folder, preferably one you have manually created and outside the Program Files folder? It seems like faceAPI does not have permission to write a file.

FYI. the faceAPI tracker tries to write non-selected video-sources to the blacklist ...

You can also remove FaceTrackNoIR and re-install 'As Administrator'?

• XZYZ0R

XZYZ0R - 2022-03-25

I've installed it to a different hard drive and that Face API Tracker error disappeared now.
    I've returned the C922 and I've got now the C920, because I saw the C922 isn't compatible on your website in that list.
    So when I click on Start the error is gone, but the API error -13 is still there if I run the file: FTNoIR_FaceAPI_EXE.exe.

The webcam still wouldn't turn on into the program, but if I try it with the webcam utility it works. I've put screenshots about it into the attachment.

• XZYZ0R

XZYZ0R - 2022-03-25

This is what the FaceAPI settings looks like btw

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2022-03-26

It's strange: the C920 should work fine. Usually, when the video works in the utility, faceAPI can also use it.

In the past we have had similar reports, which later seemed to be caused by video-cards or drivers :(.

Back then, we sometimes recommended using a program like ManyCam, to function as intermediate between the webcam and faceAPI. Maybe you could try it?

BTW. Don't install the 'extras' the ManyCam installer offers...

• XZYZ0R

XZYZ0R - 2022-03-26

I've just tried it with Manycam, but the same error code.
    I've tried aswell Xsplit Vcam but same story.
    I've got the Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1050 D5 2G(rev1.0/rev1.1) using Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
    I can try the onboard Intel graphics driver of my mobo which is the Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H (rev. 1.1)
    and see if it resolves the issue.

Last edit: XZYZ0R 2022-03-26
  • XZYZ0R

XZYZ0R - 2022-03-26

The onboard graphics driver (Intel HD 4600) also didn't work.

Last edit: XZYZ0R 2022-03-26