Menu

Cannot use facetracking

alex pric
2018-01-27
2018-05-01
  • alex pric

alex pric - 2018-01-27

Hello,
    I just purchased facetracknoir today, and I havent been able to set it up and running. I installed the application and the plugins, there wasnt any error or problem during the process.
    I do not own a webcam, but I tried using my phone, droidcam and (as I have seen in these forums) Manycam.
    Droidcam has been setup and seems to run proprely. Manycam detects droidcam and uses the camera from my phone proprely. Even without manycam started, facetracknoir's webcam utility seems to detect the camera proprely.
    I believe the problem has to be with FaceAPI tracker, which doesnt seem to be able to start. When I click the settings button, it simply says terminated, and it wont start no matter what. No image is shown in preview.
    I tried using pointracker and it seems to work proprely (except that I dont have IR camera/sensors, but I get to see the image preview and the points that are located).
    I tried running the aplication directly (as I found in the forums) and I got the -13 error code.
    I tried running both applications with admin privileges and that didnt seem to do anything.

Hoping someone here sees this and can helps me out, thanks.

I am using Windows Server 2106, 64 bit.
    My sistem is made of:
    Gigabyte ga970a DS3p, Fx6300, Gtx 660, with 8 gigs of RAM.

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2018-01-29

Hi Alex,

The -13 error is often caused by codec problems, as is mentioned on the tracker page . Maybe you can check that?

• Arthur Becker

Arthur Becker - 2018-04-28

Hi, same problem here, I can not figure it out.

What exactly shoulmd we check about codec ?

Any help would be appreciated.

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2018-05-01

Hi,

A tool like Codec Tweak Tool can find "broken" codecs and fix them.