Menu

faceAPI dreaded error -13

George
2020-09-24
2020-09-25
  • George

George - 2020-09-24

Hello,

I purchased FacetrackerNoIR earlier today in an effort to get more immersed in ED without a VR headset.

Every time I start the program in the correct fashion, faceAPI fails to even attempt to execute. No error message, nothing.

Starting FTNoIR_faceAPI_EXE.exe, both normally and as administrator, results in error -13 in the green text cmd prompt.

I have uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, found it not to work again, and done the same as admin, and repeated again after a restart, same error still occurs every time.

I have no use for FacePoseApp because I do not have a mount for my phone, there are no issues with my webcam or codec that are causing this error.

Any assistance will be welcome

<o:p> </o:p>

Last edit: George 2020-09-24
  • Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2020-09-24

Hello George,

The -13 error does indicate that faceAPI cannot access your webcam. Do you get a good image with the FaceTrackNoIR webcam utility?

What kind of webcam do you have?

• George

George - 2020-09-24

I have a logitech C310, FTNoIR utility lists it as the first device, it has a nice picture, and other plugins like pointtracker default to the correct camera, but faceAPI is unable to recognize it.

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2020-09-25

Hello George,

I did find some posts where other users have successfully used the C310 with faceAPI, so it should be possible. Unfortunately, faceAPI can be 'picky'...

You say the C310 is listed as first device: does that mean there are others too? I am not sure if the order shown is guaranteed to be the order faceAPI sees...

Maybe you have a second PC, on which you can try faceAPI with your webcam?