Menu

Initialisation take forever and calibration change at each launch

Mat
2020-05-05
2020-05-07
  • Mat

Mat - 2020-05-05

Hello,

I bought FaceTrackNoIr recently and I have some issues with it (I use faceAPI Tracker):
    The initialisation of FaceAPI can take several minutes before start tracking (up to 8min), what can induce this kind of delay? A friend of mine using also FaceTrackNoIr with FaceAPI only need few seconds to have the tracking running.
    At each start the calibration seems to change and I have to fine tune my curves (especially with the pitch), besides that FaceAPI always see me with nearly 10° pitch down.

Thanks for your answer.

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2020-05-06

Hello Mat,

The faceAPI tracker normally starts within seconds, when the light is good. So in your case the first thing you must check is: is the light good? Any light-source from the back of side(s) of you can impair the tracker.

What kind of webcam do you have?

• Mat

Mat - 2020-05-07

I currently use a Microsoft lifecam hd 3000.
    I try different setting of light but the initialisation time is still variant.
    I add a screenshot to let you judge the light setting.
    I still have issue to calibrate the pitch where FaceAPI seems to struggle catching pitch input

Thanks for your help

Last edit: Mat 2020-05-07
  • Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2020-05-07

Hello Mat,

Thanks for the screenshots. The light does not seem too bad. Maybe the distance to the webcam is a bit large and I know from experience that glasses can also interfere with the tracker.

If you want pitch to react faster, you can drag the curve-point to the left a bit, so the output increases faster?

• Mat

Mat - 2020-05-07

Thanks,

I'll try to reduce the distance with the webcam.
    the setting you see is the default one. I'll put in attachement the setting I use.
    But I need to change my dead zone each time I launch the swoftware due to knew behavior of the curves.

Last edit: Mat 2020-05-07