Menu

Yaw and Ptch Limits

Archive
2011-06-09
2013-02-16
  • Doug Stanfield

Doug Stanfield - 2011-06-09

Using FSX, I am having difficulties getting full left to right limits as well as up and down limits, meaning, that looking left and right, I have not been able to full range of motion to see out both sides of the plane as well as looking up and down in the cockpit.  What settings should I be working with to change the range of motion left and right and up and down?  I do have 1.5 installed. 

• sf4JC

sf4JC - 2011-06-09

If you want, try these settings and tell me if they are worse or better than what you have.  Keep in mind, everyone's settups are going to be different, and have patience if at all possible.  Something that helped me was the coordinates that change with head movement.  If I noticed I was only getting -30 to 30 degrees of motion, than my curves would have to be set to maximize my head movement.  (Example= If when you turn your head and only get 30 degrees either way, and in the sim/game, you only want to move your head 90 degrees either way, then make that curve cross the 30* input point and the 90* output point.  Someone can correct me if I am wrong, or if there is another way.  This is just what I have noticed on my computer.

Scott

• Doug Stanfield

Thanks, I will try this tonight when I get home and report back.

• Doug Stanfield

I have tested it with these settings and the range of motion both left to right and up and down work great, however, the movement is all over the place, some stability is needed to not jump around so much.

• Doug Stanfield

Doug Stanfield - 2011-06-10

I am wondering if some of my issues are the auto settings for my webcam.  I will put it into manual tonight and see if it smooths out.

• sf4JC

sf4JC - 2011-06-12

I'm unsure as to what kind of light sources are in the room you are using FaceTrackNoIR in, but I have definitely found that if you have a great light source above and to the back of your monitor, it works the best.  The room I use it in has morning sunlight coming in from my righthand side really bad, so I set up an inexpensive LED lamp to compansate for the overexposure on the sunlight side.

Scott