Not able to control the camera movement

Archive
Anonymous
2011-03-08
2013-02-16
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-03-08

Hello,

I don't have words to say how amazed I' am with this application, as everything in this life it needs some minor tweaks. I  installed  and voila it was able to see my web-cam. Then I setup the app to work with FSX and Bamm it also worked. Now the only problem that i have so far is that for some reason I can not stabilize the views meaning once I center the image and keep my head still it will continuously moving making my eyes go crazy and of course dizzy.  Working with EZCA it's not a problem.

Please help to get to the light at the end of the tunnel.

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2011-03-08

Hello too,

I guess you have update 5 installed? What filter-settings do you use?
    You say  that's it's not a problem with EZCA. What exactly do you mean by that? Does the view move that way using the SimConnect protocol and not when you use EZCA and FaceTrackNoIR?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-03-09

I guess I was talking to fast so I apologize for not been much clear, yes i do have the latest update and  I'm using the following:

1- SimConnect.ini Profile
    2- Face API as a tracker Source
    3- Fake TrackIR as Game Protocol
    4- Using EWMA Filtering

If I use SimConnect as the game protocol the image of the plane will start flickering even if a center the image using alt+f1.
    If I use Fake TrackIR i will not get the flickering so once i center the view it should stay that way as long as I don't move my head but it keeps moving and that is the part that I want to fix otherwise I'll get dizzy.  Please forget about the EZCA part.

Best Regards

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2011-03-09

As you may have noticed, the raw signal produced by faceAPI tends to 'move' a bit, even when you're head is still. This gets worse when lighting isn't optimal, or fps gets low.

You can start by making the settings for the filter very slow, by raising the values for Min. and Max. frames and lowering the 'Curve'-settings. You can also change the curves, add a 'Neutral Zone', so the i-game head will respond more slowly.

There will always be some movement, but most users get it right. BTW: does EZCA also add vibrations to the view?

• Uvol

Uvol - 2011-03-09

First, I thank very very much Wim and Ron for creating this amazing tool. It brings into play the missing elements of realism.

I ask you to explain in more detail about parameter "Curve" in "EWMA" section.

Best wishes for your future work

Oleg

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2011-03-10

Hi palermo77,

It's a bit difficult to explain it completely: my 'filter-guru' friend Dave understands the exact workings of the new filter best. So I can just repeat what he writes about it:

The curve setting defines the readiness of the filter to respond to changes in speed. The higher the value, the faster it responds.

I hope this helps (a bit). You will probably have to tinker with the values, till you find the right setting(s). Performance very much depends on lighting, fps, CPU-load etc., so it will be different for every user…