Menu

FacetrackNOir no work in IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad after the update v1.004

Help
Otto Mas
2014-11-12
2015-07-03
  • Otto Mas

Otto Mas - 2014-11-12

Yesterday day November 11, 2014, 1C_Company has updated the simulator "IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad" to v1.004 version.
    Supposedly, with improvements in protocols and profiles TrackIR
    As a result Facetrack Noir no longer recognizes the game.

foobar

There is a temporary workaround installing the "OpenTrack" software, but I think it is cumbersome and a botched job.
    this is the topic about the problem in IL-2 BoS forum.
    http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12748-freetrack-solutionfixworkaround/
    It would be interesting to include a solution to this problem in the new version FacetrackNoir v1.80.

Regards

Last edit: Otto Mas 2014-11-12
  • Stanisław Halik

Not as much an issue to fix it - copy the csv file, that's all.

The problem's here releasing a new ftnoir version so it's less of a pain for users.

The hotfix deal leaves a lot to be desired as well.

• michael illas

michael illas - 2014-11-12

I'm using opentrack and have a similar problem.

Would this apply to both the standalone ftnoir version and the folder inside opentrack?

I take it you mean facetracknoir supported games.csv ? What is input value, i.e. what needs to be added? We can post it on the bos forum and that way you wouldn't need to release a new version.

Alternatively you could just add the csv file for download from here, github or some sort of deposit files?

• Stanisław Halik

The line.

484;IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad;FreeTrack20;V170;;;1008;03F04D5368D1FD2DF2AE00

and there was much rejoicing.

Note opentrack supports out-of-the-box since July 4th.

Last edit: Stanisław Halik 2014-11-12
  • michael illas

michael illas - 2014-11-13

thank you Stanislaw!

• Otto Mas

Otto Mas - 2014-11-14

thank you Stanislaw for your esponse..
    I tested this afternoon modifying the CSV file that you have suggested, but does not work. The interface facetracknoir still shows the same error ID=1008.

However, the developers have released a new game update v1.005 yesterday, which works with older devices Tarckir, and FacetrackNOir too.

""""- A temporary solution for TrackIR 3 issue wass found and implemented. Start the game, then close it, find the configuration file in <game folder="">\data\startup.cfg, find the section [KEY = input] and set the parameter as shown: old_trackir = 1"""
    http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12824-game-version-1005-discussion/

With this modification of the file "startup.cfg" in the main game folder, FacetrackNOir identifies the game as "Rise of Flight" and works properly.

• Stanisław Halik

No, something's wrong here.

Game 1008 isn't unknown anymore if that line's pasted. After all the .csv is the primary source of game id's.

• Otto Mas

Otto Mas - 2014-11-15

Hi Stanislaw:
    In that case, there must be something more, apart from CSV file.
    Is there a cache file that needs updating too?. ..where is it?

• Stanisław Halik

No cache.

Make sure editing the right .csv file from the software's installation directory.

• Otto Mas

Otto Mas - 2014-12-05

Dear Stanislaw:
    You were right, my FacetrackNOir installation was corrupted.
    Today, I downloaded and reinstalled, of FacetrackNOir 1.70 version, and then I added the line that you have suggested, in the CSV file.
    I confirm you that FacetrackNOir identifies perfectly the game IL2-BoS, and works properly.
    I think that this project, is an important advance for gaming, and simulatión and it is very important the continuing of the development I will make a donation as soon as possible.
    Thank you so much for your help

• Billy

Billy - 2015-07-03

I also didn't managed to make the .csv line to work initially.

The .csv line not only must be added with Excel, but also in the correct row.

You can see that for example the game number 48 is in the line number 49. So this game, as it is number 484, must be added in the line number 485.

It's an old thread i know, i just wanted to leave this stated here, because as me, a lot of people didn't noticed this the first time, and added it on at the end of the list.