Menu

Logitech Streamcam (changing videoformat)

Help
Freezoide
2021-08-16
2023-05-28
  • Freezoide

Freezoide - 2021-08-16

Hi all,

I recently bought a Logitech Streamcam which can go up to 1080p @60hz.
    Now, using the commercial version of Facetracknoir I've found that automatically it only picks the YUY2 640x480 @30 hz format.

Is there any way to change the videoformat for this?
    I would love to use 60 hz regarding response times.

P.S. I've tried adding a cleye.setting file which was suggested for ps3 cam users to gain more fps but to no avail.

Kind Regards,
    Freezoide

• Eric Carson

Eric Carson - 2023-05-27

Dear Freezoide,

With all due respect to the Dev, I believe they have no clue as to what can be done to 'Bypass' the webcam driver restrictions...
      I have had the same problem only mine was set at YUY2 640x480 @20hz format, knowing that my webcam supports 60hz and guessing yours does too, please install Splitcam (it's free), adjust your camera settings to override the driver's defaults, and you should get the 60hz in no time.

Link for the app: https://splitcam.com/download

Regards,
      STeWPiT89

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2023-05-28

Hello Eric,

Thanks for your suggestion: devs can't know everything, so users helping users is an important addition!

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2021-08-31

Hello Freezoide,

I assume that you are using the faceAPI tracker?
    That tracker switches to a low resolution, to be able to get the highest speed. Unfortunately, some webcam drivers limit the speed to 30 Hz.

The cleye file you mention is only relevant for the CodeLaboratories driver of the PS3 Eye camera. Hence the name of the file :)

Last edit: Wim Vriend 2021-08-31