Menu

I just need a simple head tracker that works...

Help
Louis2017
2018-01-01
2018-01-02
  • Louis2017

Louis2017 - 2018-01-01

Hi,

I've tried to figure out FtNoIR handles head tracking but unfortunately I couldn't.

This is what I've done between an Android 4.x phone and a Win10 PC:

• HeadTracker on Andoid phone.
    • UDP tracking on port 5550 for Pitch, Yaw and Roll
    • FtNoIR: no smoothing, all curves linear with output=input.

Phone flat on the desk, I push start in FtNoIR and transmit in HeadTracker. 0 values everywhere, ok. That's my zero position.

Now I rotate the phone. In FtNoIR, output and raw values are differents despite of the linear 1:1 curves. Raw values differs from HeadTracker too.

I move back the phone to its initial position. Everything is messed up, only HeadTracker show nearly 0 values!

To me, this is completely broken.

What I need is to pass angles directly to the games and zero remains zero.

Are Android Gyroscopes values absolute (well kind of) or relative, incremental? I could fix the source code but no source code is provided...

Regards,
    Louis

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2018-01-02

Seems like you found the UDP tracker?

First, you may need to find out the range of the signals your phone outputs to FaceTracknoIR. Can you post those? Maybe a screenshot of the UDP-settings too?

• Louis2017

Louis2017 - 2018-01-02

Thanks for your answer.

I've done some testing with OpenTrack on PC and FreePie UDP on Phone. To make it works, I had to do the following:

• Switch Roll and Pitch
    • Invert Pitch
    • Add a +90 degrees offset to yaw

With those settings it works, -90/+90 degrees for yaw, pitch and roll and it returns to the zero position.

I'll investigate a little more FtNoIR settings, but I think that FreePie uses some kind of fusion on sensors and I'm not sure that HeadTracker does the same.

I'll try to post some screenshots of the messed values too.

Regards