Menu

Logitec c922 blurs continuously!!

Help
Petar
2018-02-02
2018-03-29
  • Petar

Petar - 2018-02-02

So I play WarThunder and I have 3-point led clip. When I test head tracking everything works just fine but when I start playing every couple of seconds tracking just stops. I switch to facetrack window to see the problem and picture is completely blurred, so I have to put my head really close in order for it to unblur and tracking starts again and gets back to normal. This also works while in game,so when tracking starts I have to kiss the camera for it to works again(lol) So is this facetrack problem or camera problem , has anyone ever had similar problem it is unplayable this way .It is frustrating and makes playing with facetrack impossible :(

• WL

WL - 2018-02-02

Did you disable all the automatic functions of your webcam?What brand of webcam is it?

• Petar

Petar - 2018-02-02

It is Logitec c922, I will post pictures in couple of hours when I get back home

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2018-02-02

Hi Petar,

It sounds to me, like the webcam is automatically adjusting its settings. If you use the webcam utility of FaceTrackNoIR, what settings can you "fix"? Maybe post a screenshot of that?

BTW.: The webcam utility uses generic DirectShow functions, so it depends on the webcam which settings are visible...

• Petar

Petar - 2018-02-02

Here is screen shot of webcam utility and yes the same settings as in camera, I guess I am not using it corectly, I wonder waht shud I turn on or off?

• WL

WL - 2018-02-03

in both pictures all of them.That blurred problem is caused by that auto-focus function.With auto-exposure enabled you will get the problem that you webcam will lower the fps because of not enough light.What I always did was shine with a very bright light into the webcam and then disable the auto-exposure function.Sometimes you need to manually adjust the slider for getting the ir-leds visible for tracking.This way you will keep the highest fps possible.
    And disable also lowlight compensation because it also will probably lower you fps.

Last edit: WL 2018-02-03
    • Petar

Petar - 2018-02-03

Looks like it is working, Thanks WL :D

• Wojciech

Wojciech - 2018-03-26

Hi ,I have the same problem as here but I can't access all of my camera adjustments , I use CA Focus Eureka CA-190 usb cam. The grey setting name is that one I can't do anything with

• WL

WL - 2018-03-27

If functions are not accessible, you can use a tool named "windows enabler"You can download it here https://windows-enabler.en.uptodown.com/windows/download

• Wojciech

Wojciech - 2018-03-28

the functions aren't accesible even with the windows enabler on

• WL

WL - 2018-03-28

I think that you have adifferent problem, is it possible that some other software is also using your webcam?If you accesses thes settings with Ftnoir maybe try the software wich game with the webcam to change the settings, save and close the software and after thet open ftnoir and go to the settings and see what it looks like.

• Wojciech

Wojciech - 2018-03-29

I checked my system , no other programs are using my camera

• WL

WL - 2018-03-29

If you have other software installed what can use a webcam, does your webcam gives you a normal image?This seems to me as an rights problem, acces is denied for some reason to a certain file.Did you install the software of you webcam BEFORE you connectred the webcam?If not, uninstall your webcam, install the software with admin rights, whem promped connect the webcam.When you connect the webcam before installing his own software, windows will use his own driver wich is not always the best.