Menu

Stopping the Tracking completely with a hotkey – possible?

Help
2023-05-18
2023-05-20
  • Mors Kochanski

Mors Kochanski - 2023-05-18

Firstly, thank you for this program. Among all the offerings I've tried it tracks more reliably and is well worth the tiny cost to support.

I know that there are option in the hotkey settings that allow you to pause the tracking and reset, but neither of these really reset the head position when you lose tracking completely; for instance, when turning to look at something in RL behind you or to one side.

Turning the tracking OFF/ON does though. However, you can only do this from the application interface and not any hotkey that I can find. Is this possible, as with OpenTrack? Or is there a workaround at all?

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2023-05-19

Hello Mors,

Thanks for your compliments ;)

Like you said: you should do this using the Shortkeys (see https://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/manual/manual_keyboard_shortcuts.htm). You can setup a shortkey for Start/Stop tracking and you can also define to keep the position, or reset it to zero. You can also define if the tracker should completely stop , or continue tracking in the background.

Does this not work as expected?

• Mors Kochanski

Mors Kochanski - 2023-05-19

I think screenshots may make this clearer, which I will upload later, but essentially all the bindable options don't seem to reset the view when position is lost (on Il-2 Stalingrad). But the STOP/GO button does - it resets everything. Whereas the bindable options may pause tracking, but they don't reset it. So that when you turn it back on, the old, incorrect, stored position is the one active. No reset.

That STOP/GO button isn't one of the bindable options though? In OpenTrack, which isn't as good I'll admit, it is.

Thanks for the prompt reply Wim.

• Mors Kochanski

Mors Kochanski - 2023-05-20

I figured it out. Though I cannot remember which one resets everything, I think I set it to 'center view'.

Now I just need to work out why none of my peripherals are recognised by the app, I'm having to mirror keyboard commands with Joy2Key – might be the use of a USB hub?

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2023-05-20

OK, good that you figured it out by yourself :).

The peripherals are detected using directX, so using a USB hub might disturb things? You could try connecting (one of) them directly, just to verify that?