Menu

FaceTrackNoIR v1.7 ShortKey Focus Problem

Help
Al Klayton
2015-12-28
2015-12-31
  • Al Klayton

Al Klayton - 2015-12-28

I've been experimenting with FaceTrackNoIR v1.7.2 with Point Tracker v1.1 on a Win8.1 system. After setting up shortkeys (Home, End, etc) I find they work "in-game" as long as FaceTrackNoIR is also on the screen, but the shortkeys do not work once FaceTrackNoIR is minimized to the Taskbar. So it seems FaceTrackNoIR is losing focus when minimized as far as the shortkeys are concerned. Is this a FaceTrackNoIR problem, a Win8.1 problem, or what? The tracker works well other than for this issue.
    Thx,
    Al ​

• Stanisław Halik

Don't run either the software or the simulator as admin.

• Al Klayton

Al Klayton - 2015-12-28

Thanks for the reply. I don't think I running the programs as admin but not sure how to check that or how to stop doing that if I am. I also don't think I had this shortkey focus problem when using the facetracker and Win7, but that was quite a while ago. BTW, I forgot to mention I'm using FaceTrackNoIR with the Steam edition of the FSX Flight simulator.
    Thx,
    Al

• Al Klayton

Al Klayton - 2015-12-29

I've discovered FaceTrackNoIR is not minimizing as I thought, but is behind the active FSX-SE (Steam versioin of the Microsoft flight simulator) window. When I reduce the size of the FSX window, the FaceTrackNoIR window is there but the hotkeys do not work unless I click on the FaceTrackNoIR window and bring it to the front. As an experiment I ran some other programs "in front" of FaceTrackNoIR and found that in some cases the FaceTrackNoIR hot keys continued to work, and in some cases they did not. So apparently some programs, including FSX, are trapping keys and preventing FaceTrackNoIR from seeing them. I could not find any use of the Home key in FSX (I use the Home key for FaceTrackNoIR centering), and even when I tried an extreme key combo for the centering hot key, like SHIFT+CTRL+ALT+Home, I still had the same problem.
    Thx,
    Al

• Al Klayton

Al Klayton - 2015-12-29

The solution to the problem was to run FaceTrackNoIR as Administrator.
    Al

• Al Klayton

Al Klayton - 2015-12-29

It may be that either both programs have to be run as Administrator or neither program as Administrator. But the Steam version of FSX-SE flight simulator apparently installs in the Administrator mode.
    Al

Last edit: Al Klayton 2015-12-29
  • Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2015-12-31

Hi Al, thnx for the update. I'm glad you figured it out. Have fun!