X plane 10 and Facetracknoir 1.7

Help
Ironmaiden
2013-08-28
2014-06-04
  • Ironmaiden

Ironmaiden - 2013-08-28

Hey V4friend,

I was using Facetrack 1.7 on X plane 10 64 bit , I had to resinstall Windows 7 and it does not work with XPX. It still works with Arma 2 though.

Could you please help.

Regards.

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2013-08-29

Hi IronMaiden,

Did you also install the update that was released for v170? It installs the 64-bit VCRedist that is required.

ArmA is 32-bit, so that's the difference.

• Ironmaiden

Ironmaiden - 2013-08-29

Yes I have VCRedist already installed. It used to work on XPX 64 bit before I formatted my system.

• Stanisław Halik

What happens when you run Dependency Walker on NPClient64.dll? Are there any non-delay-loaded dependencies missing? Do you get a messagebox with error?

Do you have NaturalFail FailIR checkbox ticked in X-Plane options?

• Ironmaiden

Ironmaiden - 2013-09-01

It says Errors were detected when run depends on NPclient64.dll.

I had TrackIR checked in XPX.

• Stanisław Halik

Fix the dependency error. Possibly some msvcrt amd64 version missing.

It shouldn't require non-system msvcrt in the first place but my complaints fall on deaf ears.

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2013-09-03

Hi Ironmaiden,

Any details on the error? BTW, make sure to use the right version of Dependency Walker... It too comes in 32 and 64 bit flavours...

• Ironmaiden

Ironmaiden - 2013-09-05

Actually i haven't been able to progress further as the last few days have been tedious at work. I will try it tonight.

One further question is regarding setting the Curves perfectly with dead zones. I have tried in Arma 2 and sometimes it behaves erratically. Could you help with this too ?

• Ironmaiden

Ironmaiden - 2013-09-06

Activation context generation failed for "d:\abbequerque inc\facetracknoir\NPCLIENT64.DLL". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.6195" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

This is what I get in the Event Viewer.

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2013-09-06

Hi Ironmaiden,

Though the required VC++ runtimes are included in the installer, you seem to miss one. The version number refers to the VS2005 SP1 security update CRT. You can download that here

Last edit: Wim Vriend 2013-09-06
  • Ironmaiden

Ironmaiden - 2013-09-07

I Installed the Security update and dependency walker now does not show any error, but it is still not working in XPX.

In XPX I have TrackIR selected and in Facetrack also I TrackIR selected. Now do I need the TIRViews.dll ?

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2013-09-07

You mean, you have the FreeTrack 2.0 protocol selected?
    No, you don't need TIRViews or dummy TrackIR.exe

• Ironmaiden

Ironmaiden - 2013-09-09

Hey it started working :) and my curves are almost perfect thnx Wim.

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2013-09-17

Always glad to hear someone's happy :-)

• Ironmaiden

Ironmaiden - 2014-02-13

BTW Wim,

I have this issue. Goes in circles at times or jumps up. Can you help ? I have it running awesomely in X plane 10. But I can not make quick movements.

• Darrell Edwards

Darrell Edwards - 2014-03-09

I'm using x-plane 10, 32bit. I loaded facetracknoir 1.7 and cannot get it to work with XP10. I do get the box that shows head movement and that's working. I can't get it to move xp10 screen. Please help.

win 7
    NVidia 660 2g Ram
    xplane 10.2

• Darrell Edwards

Darrell Edwards - 2014-03-09

I'm using x-plane 10, 32bit. I loaded facetracknoir 1.7 and cannot get it to work with XP10. I do get the box that shows head movement and that's working. I can't get it to move xp10 screen. Please help.

win 7
    NVidia 660 2g Ram
    xplane 10.2

• Stanisław Halik

What have you tried so far to enable the two applications to communicate?

• prykpryk

prykpryk - 2014-06-04

I had some problems too until I pressed Shift+0 :D