Menu

how to set the fps to 60 or 75 in facetracknoir?(ps3 eye)

Help
Alon Zamir
2020-02-03
2020-02-19
  • Alon Zamir

Alon Zamir - 2020-02-03

hey, I downloaded facetracknoir but and I have ps3 eye but I get only 50fps and the ps3 eye can go up to 120 fps and I want to set the fps to 60 or 75 how to do this?
    and also I will be happy to get the best settings for driving simulators like ETS2, ATS etc..

thanks and have a nice day ;)

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2020-02-03

Hello Alon,

The description of how to operate the PS3Eye above 30fps can be found here. The highest fps can only be reached at very low resolution.

Please note that higher fps does not necessarily mean better tracking. IMO good lighting has much more effect...

• Dan Guo

Dan Guo - 2020-02-16

how about forcing it at 30fps, it alway run at 57fps for me

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2020-02-16

without the cleye.config file?

• Dan Guo

Dan Guo - 2020-02-17

I tried both with and without cleye.config file, it still run at 56-57fpsfps

Last edit: Wim Vriend 2020-02-17
          • Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2020-02-17

I forgot to mention: the cleye.config file is not in the faceAPI subfolder?

• Dan Guo

Dan Guo - 2020-02-17

i tried in faceAPI folder and main folder, even both at the same time too.

• Alon Zamir

Alon Zamir - 2020-02-05

I have a good lighting and now I created this file in the facetracknoir folder and I think it is a little better but I also need a good settings file for driving simulators like ETS2 and ATS, do you have one and you can share with me ? if not , where can I find this file for Facetracknoir v2.0.1 ?

• Matthew Lipski

Matthew Lipski - 2020-02-19

Hi, I'm also trying to get my PS3 Eye above 60 FPS since it looks a bit choppy in DCS when looking around. I've placed the cleye.config file in the faceAPI folder with the executable but I'm only getting max 56 FPS even after changing it to 75 or even 125 the CL Eye driver. Exposure and gain adjustment settings in the driver do affect the FaceTrackNoIR preview, yet FPS settings do not. I know this is a topic that has been talked about extensively but I've yet to find a solution that works.