Menu

Head Tracking

2019-05-07
2019-05-24
  • Minh Thanh Nguyen

Right now, I have a project that I'm using Delanclip Gamer to keep track the movement of my head. So I came up with a idea that using this device to changing the perspective of 3D Image (Light Field Render). For example: If I moving my head to the left, I can see the left side of the picture.
    Apologize for my bad expression because I had no experience in this field.
    Here the idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

• Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2019-05-07

Hello Minh,

If you 'control' the code that moves the perspective, this is certainly possible. There are several ways to receive headpose-data from FaceTrackNoIR. For example, receiving UDP-frames is quite easy.

Are you a software coder yourself?

• Minh Thanh Nguyen

Hi there, my position in this project is work on both field hardware and
      software but I'm tend to hardware part. Currently, I finished assembly the
      head tracking device, the only thing I need to do is create a 3D picture
      and implement the raw data from the device. For example: there is a pink
      octopus 2D picture on Opentrack application and I want to replace it by 3D
      picture (or light field render)

Last edit: Wim Vriend 2019-05-08
  • Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2019-05-08

Hello Minh,

I'm not sure what your question actually is. I understand that you have acquired a Delanclip and it is successfully tracking your head-movements?

I have no experience in rendering 3D pictures. What kind of software are you going to use for that?

• Minh Thanh Nguyen

We are going to use Unity and how we can extract the real time output tracking data from the device ? Basically I just need x,y and z

Last edit: Minh Thanh Nguyen 2019-05-24
  • Wim Vriend

Wim Vriend - 2019-05-24

Hello Minh,

I don't know Unity myself, but I suppose it's possible to use Windows SDK functions? It should be easy to create an UDP-socket then and receive the data from FaceTrackNoIR.

In faceTrackNoIR you use PointTracker as Tracker and UDP as game-protocol.
    Don't hesitate to ask more :)