Menu

Italian translation, fixes for French and bug report

2022-04-07
2024-02-15
  • AnonymouseforthewinLipsum

I do not wish to be credited for the Italian translation and the fixes for the French translation.
    For the bug, look at the screenshots; I've headed to the border of the map and stayed until I had 161 speed, then I released the key and Tux gained a lot of speed, breaking the collision system.

• Marko Lindqvist

Marko Lindqvist - 2022-04-29

I've added the Italian translation. Thank you.

The update to French translation seems to remove number of latest strings completely. The same strings were missing from the Italian translation too (I added their entries there, without translation)
    I suspect your work is based on some quite old version, so I don't want to overwrite the previous French update with yours.

Hey, I updated the translations to include the new strings. When will be the next release?
    Wishing you the best.

• Marko Lindqvist

Marko Lindqvist - 2022-06-12

I've committed Italian update. Thank you.

French update seems to be mostly about turning some characters to lower case. E.g., this block:
    -[idx] 79 [engl] Wind: No [trans] Vent : Aucun
    -
    [idx] 80 [engl] Wind: Breeze [trans] Vent : Brise
    -[idx] 81 [engl] Wind: Strong [trans] Vent : Fort
    -
    [idx] 82 [engl] Wind: Blustery [trans] Vent : Tempête
    +[idx] 79 [engl] Wind: No [trans] Vent : aucun
    +
    [idx] 80 [engl] Wind: Breeze [trans] Vent : brise
    +[idx] 81 [engl] Wind: Strong [trans] Vent : fort
    +
    [idx] 82 [engl] Wind: Blustery [trans] Vent : tempête

Is that correct?

The next release has been "within a week" since February, i.e., as soon as I have a moment spare time to do it.

Yes, putting these blocks in uppercase is a little strange in French... it can be done but lowercase seems more natural, less... 'rising', seeking for attention.
      By the way tell me for the Windows build, I have a relatively little knowledge about programming but I have the system if it can help.

• Marko Lindqvist

Marko Lindqvist - 2022-10-07

The French update committed. Thank you.