How to write xs:base64Binary

Get Help
Anonymous
2017-12-18
2017-12-19
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-12-18

Hi Rumen,
    as mentioned in the subject title my problem is that i do not know how to write base64Binary data to an EXI stream. My first intention was to write the data in the same way as 'normal' binary data. But due to the fact that the EXI type in the schema is not 'VALUE_TYPE_BINARY' this did not work. After that i used the lower function 'encodeBinary(..)'. That works for encoding but not for decoding.
    As i saw in other topics your imlementation supports the type xs:base64Binary. But how can i use it and write some base64Binary data?
    Kind regards,
    Tobias

• Rumen Kyusakov

Rumen Kyusakov - 2017-12-18

Hi Tobias,

The EXI spec does not distinguish between base64Binary or hexBinary encoding of binary data. The binary data is opaque for the exi/exip - a sequence of bytes.
    The confusion comes from the XML/XML Schema where there are two different types for binary data depending on how it is encoded in the text XML.

exip accepts a sequence of bytes when encoding/decoding of binary data. If you have it as base64Binary just send the base64Binary encoded sequence of bytes.
    If you have it raw not need to encoded it to base64Binary first.

I hope this helps!
    Rumen

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-12-19

Helps a lot.
    Thanks!

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel