When xsi:type planned?

Get Help
2013-01-08
2013-02-26
  • Sravana Kumar K

Sravana Kumar K - 2013-01-08

Hi Rumen,

How are you?

If you don't mind, may I know whether you planned xsi:type feature in coming release which is going to happen in the month of Feb?

And what else features you are going to include in that release?

When is the expected date for beta release?

Thanks,
    SK

• Rumen Kyusakov

Rumen Kyusakov - 2013-01-09

Hi SK,

Yes xsi:type will be part of the next release - hopefully in Feb.
    byte-align is the other feature.
    Big part of the codebase will be rebuilt from scratch in order to reduce the footprint of the code and lower the memory consumption significantly.
    I do expect few things that have worked before to stop working due to the amount of changes in the code and the inevitable bugs that come along with such changes.

I aim for beta release in 2014 - it is certainly far in the future as there is a lot of work to be done.

Regards,
    Rumen

• Sravana Kumar K

Sravana Kumar K - 2013-02-26

Hi Rumen,

May I know, when you are going to release latest EXIP code?

One observation:
    Let us assume, there is list resource having 10 instances.
    When I encoding such a XML file, I didn't get any error, successful encoding. When I decoding that exi file back to xml using EXIP, at some point I am getting junk characters and return some error. But, when I decode that same exi file with some other java opensource, then I get proper XML file that means encoding is happening with EXIP without an issue. But some issue with decoding.

Did you observe this kind of issue?

If you need more info on this, I'll give in more detail.

Regards,
    SK

• Rumen Kyusakov

Rumen Kyusakov - 2013-02-26

Hi SK,

I was planning to release the latest code today.
    I haven't seen such behaviour and from what you describe it is a bug in the exip decoder.
    I filed a bug - https://sourceforge.net/p/exip/bugs/8/
    Could you please get the latest code that will be available later today (exip-v0.5) and replicate the issue; after that include details of the problem in the bug description on https://sourceforge.net/p/exip/bugs/8/

Regards,
    Rumen

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel