Type 'EXIP_DECIMAL' could not be resolved

Get Help
Anonymous
2013-09-17
2013-09-19
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-09-17

Hi,

I get following error during compiling of Exip with Eclipse Kepler release on Win7
    "Type 'EXIP_DECIMAL' could not be resolved" - Semantic Error
    _Decimal64 is marked as error
    define EXIP_DECIMAL _Decimal64

EXIP_DECIMAL is defined in procTypes.h and this file is contained in
    exip/bin/headers
    exip/include

I had checked the configuration of the project and it seems to be ok. I am confused, cause if the paths would be set not correct I will be get a lot of semantic errors. I had checked also indexer...

Do you have any idea what do I wrong?

BR
    Kamil

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-09-18

Hi,

ok I found the reason. The feature of decimal-floating-point isn't enabled in gcc for
    cygwin/mingw targets. So gcc linux target is OK, but mingw32 or mingw64 target failed...

BR
    Kamil

• Rumen Kyusakov

Rumen Kyusakov - 2013-09-19

Hi Kamil,

The decimals is a known issue that I still haven't solved. As you find out the decimal-floating-point is a gcc extension that is not available on all targets.

The issue is that for targets where _Decimal64 is available it is the best solution. It means for target that do not have it the decimals should be implemented in another way hence preprocessor macros which I don't like.

The other option is to have an exip specific decimal type (similar to exip float) - if the applications have _Decimal64 then the conversion should be straightforward and done by the application themselves.

I created a feature request for that:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/exip/feature-requests/6/

Best regards,
    Rumen

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel