From: Kevin Corry <kevcorry@us...> - 2004-10-28 17:32:31
The EVMS team is announcing the 2.4.1 release of the Enterprise Volume
Management System. This is the first maintenance release in the EVMS 2.4.x
series, and is primarily intended to fix some recent bug-reports, as well as
to update to the most recent kernel and Device-Mapper releases. The source
code package and sample init-ramdisk image for 2.4.1 are now available for
download at the project web site:
EVMS 2.4.1 is supported on 2.6.9 and 2.4.21 through 2.4.27 kernels.
Please see the INSTALL and README files in the 2.4.1 package for
installation instructions and other notes. I mean it. Really. There are
important notes about the new features that you need to read if you're going
to use them.
Users with BBR segments: Please see the README file for information about an
update to the BBR metadata.
If you have any questions, find any bugs, or simply want to report success
stories, please send email to the EVMS mailing list (evms-devel@...)
or visit the EVMS IRC channel (irc.freenode.net, #evms).
- Bug fixes for the 2.4.0 release.
- Fixed a potential volume activation problem.
- Improved debugging log messages.
- BBR Segment Manager
- Important metadata update. See README file for details!
- Fix segfault when creating new BBR segments.
- Fixes to recovery after a failed RAID-0 or RAID-5 expand.
- Do proper filtering of spare disks based on cluster-disk-group.
- 64-bit-support cleanup
- Fix a compile error.
- Fix bugs in checking allowed size for shrinking.
- Fix status checks after a fork/execvp.
- Clustering Support
- Make the membership timeout configurable in evms.conf.
- Disk Manager
- Fix private-data allocation bug.
- Fix bug with replacing one full disk with another full disk.
- Build process
- Improved version checking when searching for Linux-HA.
- Updated documentation and kernel patches.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.