From: Kevin Corry <kevcorry@us...> - 2004-05-12 18:30:40
The EVMS team is announcing the 2.3.3 release of the Enterprise Volume
Management System. This is the third maintenance release in the EVMS 2.3.x
series, and is primarily intended to fix some recent bug-reports, as well as
to update to the most recent kernel and Device-Mapper releases. The source
code package and sample init-ramdisk image for 2.3.3 are now available for
download at the project web site:
EVMS 2.3.3 is supported on 2.6.6 and 2.4.20 through 2.4.26 kernels.
Please see the INSTALL and README files in the 2.3.3 package for
installation instructions and other notes. If you have any questions, find any
bugs, or simply want to report success stories, please send email to the EVMS
mailing list (evms-devel@...) or visit the EVMS IRC channel
- Bug-fixes for the 2.3.2 release.
- Fix for online-replace. When replacing an object directly under an EVMS
volume, the volume needs to be reactivated so it maps to the copy
- Fix problem with sem_wait() returning due to a SIGCONT signal.
- S390 segment manager
- Remove out-of-date multipath detection code.
- XFS FSIM
- Add a "force" option for mkfs.
- Display the error output if mkfs fails.
- Correctly get "extra" extended information.
- Fix incorrect return code when expanding a striped region.
- Fix endian conversions during snapshot rollback.
- Replace some help menu items with a new panel containing links to
documentation on the EVMS web site.
- Fix a bug with creating a CSM container with multiple disks.
- evms_failover script
- Fix using old option name for setting the node for a private
- Remove redundant calls to commit changes.
- Improvements to the evms_gather_info script.
- Additional test-suite test-cases.
- Updated documentation.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.