From: Kevin Corry <kevcorry@us...> - 2004-03-03 15:55:50
The EVMS team is announcing the 2.3.0 release of the Enterprise Volume
Management System. This release includes several new features and
enhancements to the 2.x series. The source code package and sample
init-ramdisk image for 2.3.0 are now available for download at the project
EVMS 2.3.0 is supported on 2.6.3 and 2.4.19 through 2.4.25 kernels.
Please see the INSTALL and README files in the 2.3.0 package for
installation instructions and other notes. If you have any questions, find any
bugs, or simply want to report success stories, please send email to the EVMS
mailing list (evms-devel@...) or visit the EVMS IRC channel
- Clustering enhancements
- Remote APIs
- Object discard
- Internal rediscover
- Convert MD-multipath to use the new Device-Mapper multipath module.
- Add a new plugin for detecting multipath LVM PVs.
- Convert RAID-linear and RAID-0 to use Device-Mapper instead of MD.
- OpenGFS FSIM
- Enable online move for the LVM plugin.
- Replace dlist with new engine services.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.