From: Kevin Corry <kevcorry@us...> - 2004-01-19 17:27:13
The EVMS team is announcing the 2.2.2 release of the Enterprise Volume
Management System. This is the second maintenance release in the EVMS 2.2.x
series, and is primarily intended to fix some recent bug-reports, as well as
to update to the most recent kernel and Device-Mapper releases. The source
code package and sample init-ramdisk image for 2.2.2 are now available for
download at the project web site:
EVMS 2.2.2 is supported on 2.6.1 and 2.4.19 through 2.4.24 kernels.
Please see the INSTALL and README files in the 2.2.2 package for
installation instructions and other notes. If you have any questions, find any
bugs, or simply want to report success stories, please send email to the EVMS
mailing list (evms-devel@...) or visit the EVMS IRC channel
- Bug fixes for the 2.2.1 release.
- Command Line UI
- When querying for the parent of an object, display the volume info if
the object has a volume but no parent objects.
- Make the CLI output unbuffered, so it works properly over sockets
- MD Plugin
- Add the ability to forceably reconstruct a corrupt RAID-5 array.
- Fix the "No Device" error when trying to add a spare to an MD region.
- Fix some macro definitions.
- 390 Segment Manager
- Fixes to allow plugin to build properly with 2.6 kernel headers.
- Kernel updates
- Update to the 2.4.24 and 2.6.1 kernels.
- Init-ramdisk updates
- Updated busybox to version 1.00-pre5.
- Reduced size of initrd by half.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.