From: Kevin Corry <kevcorry@us...> - 2003-08-15 18:31:18
The EVMS team is announcing the next maintenance release of the Enterprise
Volume Management System. Package 2.1.1 is now available for download at the
project web site:
This release is primarily intended to allow EVMS to work with the new
Device-Mapper interface, but also contains other miscellaneous bug fixes.
This version of EVMS will continue to work with existing 2.4 kernels compiled
for EVMS 2.1.0 or 2.0.x, but users are encouraged to upgrade to the new
Device-Mapper kernel driver if possible.
Due to the new Device-Mapper release, the EVMS installation instructions have
changed, especially with regard to patching and building your kernel. Please
see the INSTALL file in the 2.1.1 package for information about installing
and getting started with this EVMS release.
In addition, support for using LILO with your kernel images on an EVMS volume
now has limited support, based on the LILO-devmapper patches from Christophe
Saout. Please see the INSTALL file for more details.
EVMS 2.1.1 is supported on 2.4.21, 2.4.20, 2.4.19, and 2.6.0-test3 kernels.
If you have any questions, find any bugs, or simply want to report success
stories, please send email to the EVMS mailing list (evms-devel@...)
or visit the EVMS IRC channel (irc.freenode.net, #evms).
- First maintenance release for 2.1.0.
- Allow EVMS to run with version 3 or 4 of the Device-Mapper ioctl interface.
- Update Snapshot activation sequence to work with DMv4.
- Update BBR and Sparse kernel modules to use new dm-io and dm-daemon modules.
- New APIs for mounting volumes to allow mounting and checking mounts on
remote machines in a cluster.
- Add -fno-strict-aliasing to compiler flags to prevent warnings when building
with gcc 3.3.
- Allow disk-manager to discover loop devices as disks.
- Add instructions for patching LILO to work with EVMS volumes.
- Based on Christophe Saout's lilo-devmapper patches.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.