Close

Virtual Keyboard alternative?

General
modusmidis
2011-09-04
2012-11-20
  • modusmidis

modusmidis - 2011-09-04

Hello, I have problems with the virtual keyboard (although disabled UAC). Can you please suggest a virtual keyboard to be used as an alternative to the default? TThanks in advance.

• zelozelos

zelozelos - 2012-05-03

I was looking for somewhre to post a solution for this

Create a scedualed task, details on how can be found here : 
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11949-elevated-program-shortcut-without-uac-prompt-create.html 
    .. just deviate a little,
    for step 3,  make the name somethin like osk or something you'll remember, but dont use any spaces or special charcters to make it easier. Then to make it start osk.exe, from section(#6), you will need to navigate to C:\windows\system32\ and find Osk.exe and hit ok.  then open eV, click settings, click avanced, and enter the command, for example mine is    C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /run /tn osk   if someone needs help id be happy to help, email zelozelos1@live.com

• zelozelos

zelozelos - 2012-05-03

forgot to add. you can use this method to get around uac for almost any program that has issues with it. Sorta the same as compatability mode but slightly different.

• zelozelos

zelozelos - 2012-05-03

heh…AND forgot to add, after creating the shortut on your desktop, just open its properties and copy the target, this is what you want to put in the osk command section in advanced options