Menu

Question about switches

2020-08-26
2020-08-26
  • Paul Frederick

Paul Frederick - 2020-08-26

Hi,
    I am really new at trying to use Eureka so there is probably a really simple answer to my question but I have not been able to find it. When I make a switch and test it in game it does not animate. What am I doing wrong? I can get a switch to open up a door so it acts like a switch. It just does not light up like they are supposed to in the game. Animate? Whatever the terminology is. I am missing something here. Help.

• Andrew Apted

Andrew Apted - 2020-08-26

Which texture did you use for the switch? It must be one which begins with SW1 or SW2 for it to animate.

Also is the switch on a two-sided line? If it is, make sure no other parts of a line have a switch texture, since the game will only animate one of the parts (upper or lower) and it might the part which is not visible. The map checking functions can usually find this particular issue.

• Paul Frederick

Paul Frederick - 2020-08-26

OMG I'm just dumb. I made a whole new map with just a door and a switch and the switch works fine. Lights up, animates whatever you want to call it. So I must have done something in that other map which hid the switches. Well, it didn't completely hide them but there's something going on. I have two switches in that room and I couldn't get either one of them to animate right. So I messed something up. I am just starting out so you'll have to forgive me. But the switches not lighting up was driving me nuts! I have to have my Doom switches light. Eureka is a great program. I just have to learn how to use it. Thanks for the reply.