ESTIMATE INSTALL PROBLEM for windows 8

Anonymous
2014-01-27
2020-09-05
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-01-27

HELLO SIR
    Estimate.tar softwer install but only file install setup not install.how to install estimate softwer in windows 8.pl solve send proccess (prafulkhedkar1@gmail.com)
    Thank you

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-01-28

how to install estimate softwer in windows 8

• Wanhive

Wanhive - 2014-01-31

Hello,

User guide is available, please browse through the Download and Community sections at estimate.wanhive.com. You can find installation instructions on sourceforge at:
    http://sourceforge.net/p/estimate/discussion/

Please download the most recent version of estimate (version 1.1.1) from sourceforge and follow these instructions:

A. Install JDK/JRE (download from oracle's website), you will need Java to run the Apache Tomcat server

B. Install the Tomcat Server (Please download and use the version 7, version 8 is still in alfa state). Estimate is a web-based application.

C. Install the Latest release of MySQL database server (download community edition from mysql.com)

D. Set the Environment variable ESTICON with all letters in upper
    case having value set to "a writable directory/folder on your
    machine", you can choose any directory, only precondition is that the
    directory must be writable. Application saves it's configuration data
    inside this directory.

E. Deploy the estimate.war (rename the war file to estimate.war) file
    inside the webapps directory of the Tomcat Server.

F. Start the tomcat server and the MySQL servers. To start the Tomcat
    server you can run the startup.bat script inside the bin directory at
    your Tomcat Installation path. I do not recommend running the tomcat as service.

G. Access the application from localhost to start the Installation
    process. If your tomcat server is running on the port 8080 use
    following link: http://localhost:8080/estimate (case sensitive) provided the name of
    the war file deployed in tomcat is estimate.war.

H. If you are accessing the application on "localhost" (from the same
    PC on which the tomcat server is running) you will be able to see a
    "Configure" link on the index page. Follow this link to configure the
    application.

I. Once you have finished the database and the application
    configuration go back to the home page and use Username (user) and
    Password (abc) to access the application for the first time. You must
    change the password for security reason.

J. During database configuration if the "connection test" fails then
    try "initializing" the database, if this step fails then the database
    server might not be running or your settings are not correct.

In case you are facing any further difficulties during installation process
    please let me know about the exact problem. You must share the screen
    shot of the error page as well to help me in helping you.

Amit

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-08-17

Hello Amit

Can you help me? i can't manage to make it work

• Wanhive

Wanhive - 2015-08-17

Hello,

On the Database Configuration page (ref: last slide in your attachment), click on the link saying "Initialize Database" and wait for a while for the operation to complete. If the step fails then:
        1. Either your database settings are wrong or
        2. Mysql doesn't allow root access from any host other than localhost (even 127.0.0.1 is treated differently): http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11223235/mysql-root-access-from-all-hosts

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-08-19

Hello
          Database setting are the same in manual
          Do I have to install mysql server software?
          I have no experience in this so can you guide me?

• Wanhive

Wanhive - 2015-08-20

Yes, you will need to install Mysql Server (download the community edition).

You can read the system requirements here: http://estimate.wanhive.com/download.php

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-08-25

Hello
              I manage to install, i had a few problems since i had never set mysql sever and have 0 knowledge about it. I have to say your software is a great ideia but its very painfull to use. Do you have any sample database so i can understand how you set up a project. Is there a way to make database of project or just create basic database by uploading file from excell or something similar. I do project estimates for construction and mep and when i have a project with 1000 lines to introduce like that its painfull. That is why excell is so used because its fast to set up and to use. I would like to hel p you develop your tool but i know 0 about programing and database mysql.

best regards AR

• Wanhive

Wanhive - 2015-08-27

If Excel is sufficient for you then you don't need to use a software like ESTIMATE it will be an OVERKILL. ESTIMATE is not a single-user desktop application, it has been developed for organizations and is suitable for use in Multiuser Environment.

There is a sample database available on the download page, you must import it into your freshly initialized database.

There is no import from excel function because we cannot guess the format and quality of your excel sheets.

In short, you must stick to excel if you find it too hard to migrate. May be ESTIMATE is not built for you.

Amit

• E G Stevens

E G Stevens - 2017-03-03

Reading the above from computer newbs, they ARE NOT going to figure out your install instructions! Hell, I'm quite computer savvy & I don't have a clue just how you are helping with this install instruct. Most people know how to click icons, they DON'T know how to setup servers by way of "environment variables" in "root" directories!!!

• Amit Kumar

Amit Kumar - 2017-03-03

We discovered that this is the most flexible and easy way of managing the configuration files. Other methods in similar set up have a greater complexity. However we agree that Installation instruction and User Document in general need to be redone.

• Wanhive

Wanhive - 2014-10-22

Newer version of ESTIMATE (1.1.2) is compatible with Tomcat 8.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-08-19

hello sir, can u give some guideline for installation in Mac OS?
    still stuck for installation estimate.
    hopefully u can help sir,,
    mslizam@gmail.com

• Wanhive

Wanhive - 2015-08-20

MAC has been built over Unix, hence Installation procedure will almost be the same as Installation in a Linux machine. Please refer to other thread(s) discussing installation in Linux.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-12-04

Can the WAR file be deployed on the Oracle weblogic server and the database be run from sql r2 server???

• Wanhive

Wanhive - 2015-12-11

Dependencies:
      A. Apache Tomcat 7/8 or equivalent
      B. Mysql Database Server
      C. Java version 6 or above

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2018-06-10

in my case connection test is being successful and datase init is being failed.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2018-07-27

Hi Amit,

I am trying to install estimate aaplication.

I have installed Tomcat and MySQL. Deployed .war file in tomcat webapp folder.

When accessing file from localhost, i am facing an error (see attached file)

Tomcat is running on 8181 port.

Let me know if you have a solution for this issue.

Regards,
    Tameem

• Wanhive

Wanhive - 2018-07-29

Hello Tameem,

Please check the name of the war file you are deploying in tomcat. In your case it should be renamed to estimate.war

Best Regards,

• michael thomas

michael thomas - 2019-01-22

I have set ESTICON variable in win10 and have the program launching but it wont get past pressing CONFIG button.
    Two errors.. Environment variable not set, and license path not set or writeable?>

• Wanhive

Wanhive - 2019-01-23

Hello Michael,

This is not an issue with the web application but with the Apache Tomcat server. The application sees what Tomcat allows it to see.

Usually if a program (Tomcat in your case) is not installed within the Program Files directory, Windows doesn't allow it to modify the files and directories in the C drive for some unknown reason. Please try another directory for ESTICON outside the C drive and see if that works.

If you are running Tomcat as a service it may not be able to access the environment variable in usual manner, please refer to Tomcat's documentation for alternatives (e.g. setenv.bat)

ALTERNATIVE: ESTICON can also be set as a system property (catalina.properties).

Last edit: Wanhive 2019-01-23
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2019-01-23

OK i will try.. but really you need a better system to deploy..
    Like a pre-made setup, already operating in a virtual machine that you can clone and let people download... so we can just install a virtual machine app and deploy in one go.

• Wanhive

Wanhive - 2019-01-24

That is a valid suggestion. We will look into it.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2019-03-25

Hi Amit,
    I stuck here. Tried with default username and password but couldnot login. Please help ?

Thank you,

Niranjan

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel